I'm looking for some good tracks

bigl2369

It seems like a lot of what I'm hearing is just repetitive. Most of it sounds either the same, or too glitchy. I'm not a fan of the glitchy stuff. I want good buildups and drops that get you real excited. I'm looking for nice pad interludes that make you feel very euphoric. I like the drums to be fast, but not unorganized. I want the bass lines always to be engaging and in their own sense melodic. And all the other stuff needs to be good too.

Is there any way that I can get some tracks that are catchy? Meaning like they are so good that they truly seem to stand out from the rest. One of my favorite tracks is "just one second" by London electricity. Although I'm looking for heavier buildups and drops than that song.

I'm looking for awesome filter automated synth bass(most importantly), pads, maybe some piano or horns, guitar(although not metal mixed with drum and bass I don't like that), and those signature drum and bass beats.

Haha. You've basically described every genre of Drum and Bass that has ever been made. Can you be more specific?

It seems like a lot of what I'm hearing is just repetitive. Most of it sounds either the same, or too glitchy. I'm not a fan of the glitchy stuff. I want good buildups and drops that get you real excited but not repetitive or sounding the same. I'm looking for nice pad interludes that make you feel very euphoric but not repetitive or sounding the same. I like the drums to be fast, but not unorganized but not repetitive or sounding the same. I want the bass lines always to be engaging and in their own sense melodic but not repetitive or sounding the same. And all the other stuff needs to be good too but not repetitive or sounding the same.

Is there any way that I can get some tracks that are catchy but not repetitive or sounding the same? Meaning like they are so good that they truly seem to stand out from the rest but not repetitive or sounding the same. One of my favorite tracks is "just one second" by London electricity. Although I'm looking for heavier buildups and drops than that song but not repetitive or sounding the same.

I'm looking for awesome filter automated synth bass but not repetitive or sounding the same(most importantly), pads but not repetitive or sounding the same, maybe some piano or horns but not repetitive or sounding the same, guitar but not repetitive or sounding the same(although not metal mixed with drum and bass I don't like that), and those signature drum and bass beats but not repetitive or sounding the same.

Fixed?

Last edited:
like a letter to Jim'll Fix It

I'm not sure if it's just because I'm getting old & bitter but I feel like there's more and more people joining this forum that are full of demands. Like D&B owes them something already? It's strange.

Surely the whole point of falling in love with this music (like I did many years ago) is the going out there and exploring and finding stuff yourself? Effectively the lost art of record shop browsing.

Nowadays people just expect perfect music to fall in their laps?

eh, imagine if he'd just said "looking for some good tracks, cheers"... everyone would be like 'can you be more specific', then we'd end up with all that info split over about 20 replies

One of my favorite tracks is "just one second" by London electricity. Although I'm looking for heavier buildups and drops than that song.
check out marvel cinema. similar vibe to that but more full-on

http://www.beatport.com/track/broken-hearts-original-mix/5034810

^ recommend their album 'Solar Fly' if you're feeling that one

eh, imagine if he'd just said "looking for some good tracks, cheers"... everyone would be like 'can you be more specific', then we'd end up with all that info split over about 20 replies

check out marvel cinema. similar vibe to that but more full-on

http://www.beatport.com/track/broken-hearts-original-mix/5034810

^ recommend their album 'Solar Fly' if you're feeling that one

Can you recommend something with a bassline that always engaging and it's in own sense melodic? I need to avoid repetition but look for something unique sounding that's not glitchy.

:):):):)

ok, I surrender...:)

Really? I know loads of melodic engaging basslines..... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

All jokes aside bottom line for me......

By all means come here for bits of advice but go out there, hammer the online shops, check youtube, and always work on the 'people who like this also like' scenarios.

There's no better feeling of finding amazing tunes through your own research!

By all means come here for bits of advice but go out there, hammer the online shops, check youtube, and always work on the 'people who like this also like' scenarios.

There's no better feeling of finding amazing tunes through your own research!

aye, this is very true. and probably half the fun...

aye, this is very true. and probably half the fun...

One that will stick with me was being in Eastern Bloc stood there with my 3 foot pile of records. I'm playing through loads of stuff and half way into the pile I hit the lokust remix. Knew what it was so went straight to the flip and discovered Alien Girl (as in I'd heard it everywhere but didn't know the name of it). Can you believe there was a time when a tune as big as Alien Girl could go unnamed until I'd actually got the vinyl!!

Slightly further down that pile I stuck a tune on and literally jumped up to grab my mate...... Test 2. Switch that shit around!!!

That was a day of £10.00 being very well spent!!!

stood there with my 3 foot pile of records.
I hit the lokust remix. straight to the flip and discovered Alien Girl
a tune as big as Alien Girl could go unnamed until I'd actually got the vinyl!!
Test 2. Switch that shit around!!!

Ah mate.. Those were the days. I miss record shopping, it's not the same anymore. I love the information available on the internet but its certainly taken the excitement (and often disappointment) away from record shopping.

I think this is why some of the old headz think its pathetic when noobs come around demanding tracks that fulfill their preferences. Back in the 90's finding tunes you went crazy for was a part time job. Now people expect it to be put in front of them.

Ah mate.. Those were the days. I miss record shopping, it's not the same anymore. I love the information available on the internet but its certainly taken the excitement (and often disappointment) away from record shopping.

I think this is why some of the old headz think its pathetic when noobs come around demanding tracks that fulfill their preferences. Back in the 90's finding tunes you went crazy for was a part time job. Now people expect it to be put in front of them.

I do think this is what winds me up! I shouldn't let it get to me but I feel people will never fully appreciate what we did.

Even more to the point your local store may not stock every release vinyl wise so my trips over to Manchester usually uncovered restocked gems that my shops in Preston didn't order in.

I couldn't get any congo natty's without going to Eastern Bloc or Phaze One / 1st Base??? (Always forgot or confuse the names). It was the store xtc worked in in a little centre on oldham street and injekta sold UKG next door!!

These days iTunes / Beatport / Juno can stock every digi release without worrying about stock control!!

Damn you nostalgia!!!

Slightly further down that pile I stuck a tune on and literally jumped up to grab my mate...... Test 2. Switch that shit around!!!

That was a day of £10.00 being very well spent!!!

This is jokes. I remember coming across a copy of Hard Noize in a record store - remember distinctly the reaction the guy next to me gave when I started bouncing around on the turntable next to me.

Considering I am a relative newcomer compared to you and [MENTION=30915]Teddy[/MENTION] its amazing how much has changed since I was 17 to now.

Its incredibly lazy. The internet has made a generation lazy in my opinion.
Your quite right to mention disappointments of record shopping. Promo's that I've rang up to make sure are there, get to the shop all gone (waaaaaaaaah) etc etc.

But there wasn't and still isn't anything quite like the feeling of rooting through stacks of vinyl and finding that gem you've wanted in the stack for an age and grabbing it. Then meticulously making sure you know the tune inside out so you can rock it properly when your in the mix.

I still find searching for those tunes to make a mix standout important - and it should be integral to any DJ.
Find your own fucking style. That's what makes DJ's. Not fucking sitting there doing the same mixes as everyone else in key or begging people to post tunes to help them build a collection. There is masses out there, just go and have a look! ffs.

Yeah so basically what Si, teddy and Smiffy have said.

Cratedigging is an art that has completely disappeared in the last 10 years. Its a shame as the warm feeling you get from the dopamine rushing round your brain when you find a gem is irreplaceable.

Nothing can take those moments away from us 30 somethings.

Take the time to trawl the internet for your own DnB classics. You will be a much more knowledgable person for it.

I only got one recommendation... marvel cinema. It was some pretty stock drum and bass. It didn't have buildups/drops and catchiness. I'm looking for some really memorable filter automated basslines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom