Rifine Beats & Bass 10 Colabs - ASC, Consequence, Skeptical, Clarity - 100% vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
As the series has reached double figures, I thought it would be a good to mark the occasion with a special episode contains only minimal collaboration tunes in this mix. At least half the tunes featured have been in previous Beats & Bass editions and the other half have not, to try and keep things fresh(er). Plus, as per my previous collabs mixes, only 1 collab combination allowed (eg:- can't have both Blush Response & White Snares in the tracklist) and each artist / collective can only feature a maximum of 3 times, just to make it a little more challenging. Enjoy!

Tracklist:-

Synkro & Indigo - Guidance (Exit Records)
ASC & Vaccine - Opus (Non Plus)
Clarity & Overlook - Rohypnol (Samurai Horo)
Kid Drama & Om Unit - Grind (Exit Records)
Subterra & Dekko - Bonsai Run (Invisible)
Cern & Overlook – Nevada Ghost (Horizons)
Consequence & FIS - Cultural Trauma (Exit Records)
dBridge & Instramental - Blush Response (Exit Records)
Consequence & ASC - From A Distance (Exit Records)
Stray & Fracture - Bounce That (Exit Records)
Loxy & Resound - Residual Movement (Exit Records)
Skeptical & Dub Phizix - The Enemy (Dispatch)
Ed:it & Overlook - Quarry (Alignment)
Om Unit & Sam Binga - Triffidz (Exit Recordings)
dBridge & Skeptical - Move Away (R&S Records)
Homemade Weapons & Gremlinz - 11th Hour (Samurai Music)
Consequence & Instramental - Reflex Reaction (Exit Records)
Fracture & Sam Binga – Grippin Grain (Exit Records)
Ruffhouse & Clarity - Aphasia (Modulations)
Loxy & Skeptical - Engage (Renegade Hardware)
Data & Kingsin – Baggage (Deep Soul Music)
Triad & Synth Sense - Past Present Future (Horizons)   
>> ASC & Synkro - Sacred Moments (Auxiliary) <<

alternative download link:- http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_-_Beats_n_Bass_10.mp3.html

Listened to this yesterday on the way to see family.....amazing stuff in here mang. I feel like I say this every time but I think this was my favorite one from you yet mang.....big ups!

Ez

Mang i was in the car so it was hard to follow some of the TL since i havent bought traks in a long time. Been slacking on that since i have all these traks that i havent even used for mixes yet. But i know there were multiple times that i looked at my GF and said that was amazing! Will give this another spin and see if i can get you some better comments mang!

OK so guidance/opus was a great start and way to set the mood for what's to come. Then into rohypnol and this was an excellent blend here. Then one of my favs grind and the drums played off each other really nice. Bonsai run came in a little hot but the traks worked well together. Then Nevada ghost....that was top notch there mang. The neveda ghost/cultural trauma was another blend where I thought the drums just worked so well together. Blush response ahhh I remember this one from the first time def have to pick that up.....thanks for that. Here it is this blend with blush response...this was one of those times I said amazing! So much feeling on that. Could have listened to the bounce that blend for longer but I know it has to end at some point ha ha. Drums worked with from a distance really well again. Residual movement/the enemy was incredible. Then the quarry. Fucking huge mang this is my type of dnb right here mang. Killed this section mang. Triffids...can always tell a Sam binga trak ha ha. Move away is next worked well. I still need to pick that one up...told ya I been slacking ha ha. Damn with 11th hour that was just perfect....top notch again watcha.

Will get back to u on the rest mang.

Last edited:
OK finished the last of it....all tidy blends and a great way to finish out a set. You did a great job of building the mood and then bringing it back down at the end with sacred moments.....really nice mix watch a!

Re: Rifine Beats &amp; Bass 10 Colabs - ASC, Consequence, Skeptical, Clarity - 100% vinyl

On this right now. Everything is tight so far. I forgot how good Blush Response is.

- - - Updated - - -

From A Distance > Bounce That actually worked real well. That surprised me.

Re: Rifine Beats &amp; Bass 10 Colabs - ASC, Consequence, Skeptical, Clarity - 100% vinyl

Mang i was in the car so it was hard to follow some of the TL since i havent bought traks in a long time. Been slacking on that since i have all these traks that i havent even used for mixes yet. But i know there were multiple times that i looked at my GF and said that was amazing! Will give this another spin and see if i can get you some better comments mang!

Wow! Now that is a compliment B! :)

OK so guidance/opus was a great start and way to set the mood for what's to come. Then into rohypnol and this was an excellent blend here. Then one of my favs grind and the drums played off each other really nice. Bonsai run came in a little hot but the traks worked well together. Then Nevada ghost....that was top notch there mang. The neveda ghost/cultural trauma was another blend where I thought the drums just worked so well together. Blush response ahhh I remember this one from the first time def have to pick that up.....thanks for that. Here it is this blend with blush response...this was one of those times I said amazing! So much feeling on that. Could have listened to the bounce that blend for longer but I know it has to end at some point ha ha. Drums worked with from a distance really well again. Residual movement/the enemy was incredible. Then the quarry. Fucking huge mang this is my type of dnb right here mang. Killed this section mang. Triffids...can always tell a Sam binga trak ha ha. Move away is next worked well. I still need to pick that one up...told ya I been slacking ha ha. Damn with 11th hour that was just perfect....top notch again watcha.

Will get back to u on the rest mang.

OK finished the last of it....all tidy blends and a great way to finish out a set. You did a great job of building the mood and then bringing it back down at the end with sacred moments.....really nice mix watch a!

Didn't expect all of that man! Glad you liked what I was trying to do by building it up and easing it back down :), the opening mix (personal fav where I hoped you notice the tunes talking to each other). Bonsai Run was a smidge loud which I forgot about :-/ and thanks for noticing Blush Response - From A Distance. Possibly my favourite mix in there

on it m9! looks big

Nice one Sicx. Let me know what your thought

All over this mate, looking forward to listening

Cool. Let me know your thoughts Danny!

On this right now. Everything is tight so far. I forgot how good Blush Response is.

From A Distance > Bounce That actually worked real well. That surprised me.

You know ;) yeah, From A Distance > Bounce That surprised me too :)

Really enjoyed it dude!
The intro was classic autonomic, really miss playing this sorta stuff was so nice hearing it, great finding tunes that just flow over each other and Guidance & Opus defiantly did that. Rohypnol, Grind & Bonsai Run were all great track selections, worked so well I didnt even notice mixes here.
Nevada Ghost I did notice as I've been rinsing this tune for ages! Cultural Trauma sounded great too, wouldnt think these tunes would work as well as they did. Blush Response is still as fantastic as ever.
From a Distance is one of my favourite autonomic tracks although I feel it was one of your weaker mixes here, however it still sounded very good but the tunes didnt quite sit right. Switch up into Bouce That and I hate this tune so I had to skip, sorry bro!
The mix into Residual Movement was great though, evolution mix right there. Quarry I didnt think was going to work as its a fairly 'standard' drum & bass beat but it went in surprisingly well. Same with Triffdz actually, although I prefer Small Victories on the EP it sat nicely here!
Went in hard for the next few mixes which, as you may have guessed, I loved. 11th Hour still sounds as weighty as ever. Big mixes here.
Reflex Reaction was a nice switch down and you did v well mixing this into 11th Hour.
Grippin Grain is another tune im not that keen on but liked it here, and incoming Aphasia, one of my favourite tunes this, it punches so hard on the drop. The last 3 mixes were very well mixed although just to be slightly negative I feel the flow went alittle bit, still great though.
The Past Present Future >>> Sacred Moments to end was fantastic though, great tease worked beautifully.

To sum up, another great mix from you Watcha, although i've learnt to expect this now. As usual I cant fault the mixes and, to be honest, the tracklist was 99.9% on point and flowed very well. Look forward to the next one!

great mix as always, selection and mixing was on point throughout. Loads of good bits in this mix but my favourite section had to be Stray & Fracture - Bounce That > Loxy & Resound - Residual Movement > Skeptical & Dub Phizix - The Enemy > Ed:it & Overlook - Quarry > Om Unit & Sam Binga - Triffidz > dBridge & Skeptical - Move Away, loved the selection there mate top notch, this one's already on the ipod, looking forward to your next one man, big up

Don;t worry Mark, I haven't forgotten to listen. I have actually listened already, but wanna listen again in order to write comments as the first time i had it on while working. hold tight

I've battered the fuck out of this in the last week or so.
Mixing is really on point, but for selection this absolutely kills it.

Hearing records like Bonsai Run, Blush Response, The Enemy (personal fav) & Aphasia again was just a pleasure.
I'm sure i've said it before but got a couple of pals who love this stuff and forwarded them on your soundcloud. When something is this good its worth sharing.

Ez.

Very nice autonomic intro - blend into Opus was very nice (i need to get this track). great mix with Rohypnol, taking Opus out at the right time. Rohypnol works really well with Opus actually, sort of bringing the whole mix up a gear right at the start. Bonsai Run is another tune I need to get - some great pace being injected with these tracks so far. Nevada Ghost comes in really nicely - I haven't had a mix in months, so i've just realised this is why I haven't been rinsing these tunes ha. Wow, didn't expect Cultural trauma to come in then (reload!) - sounds amazing, great selection. Back to the autonomic with Blush Response. Cultural Trauma is a great track for switching between the more sinister stuff to this 'brighter' stuff. The way that Bounce That taps its way into From a Distance is quality - the two melodies really really compliment each other, bit of a clash with the beats but regardless that's my favourite blend so far. Bounce That brings the pace back to the mix. Residual Movement and The Enemy sounds wicked, the drums of the enemy go hand in hand with the stabs of RM - slight clash as you bring RM out but nothing massive. Haven't heard anyone mix The Enemy in years! Nice cut into Quarry - rim clicks both on the same beat as The Enemy which makes for a smooth transition on the cut. Move Way and Triffidz!!! Shit, amazing mix there. Reflex Reaction is definitely a percy - works really well with the step of 11th hour. Grippin Grain is such a riddim. Oh shit was definitely not expecting that mix with Aphasia!! That is phenomenal - would have liked to have rolled out for longer though! Engage ticks in nicely. Love the little minimal outro - Past Present Future is amazing, never heard it before, so thanks for that one.

Overall that was a fantastic mix - as someone else said earlier, they keep getting better and better!

Took a listen to this today while studying, was a good listen, need to check it out with more attention when I get some time, been busy with college and work but I'll try to check it during the weekend

Really enjoyed it dude!
The intro was classic autonomic, really miss playing this sorta stuff was so nice hearing it, great finding tunes that just flow over each other and Guidance & Opus defiantly did that. Rohypnol, Grind & Bonsai Run were all great track selections, worked so well I didnt even notice mixes here.
Nevada Ghost I did notice as I've been rinsing this tune for ages! Cultural Trauma sounded great too, wouldnt think these tunes would work as well as they did. Blush Response is still as fantastic as ever.
From a Distance is one of my favourite autonomic tracks although I feel it was one of your weaker mixes here, however it still sounded very good but the tunes didnt quite sit right. Switch up into Bouce That and I hate this tune so I had to skip, sorry bro!
The mix into Residual Movement was great though, evolution mix right there. Quarry I didnt think was going to work as its a fairly 'standard' drum & bass beat but it went in surprisingly well. Same with Triffdz actually, although I prefer Small Victories on the EP it sat nicely here!
Went in hard for the next few mixes which, as you may have guessed, I loved. 11th Hour still sounds as weighty as ever. Big mixes here.
Reflex Reaction was a nice switch down and you did v well mixing this into 11th Hour.

Grippin Grain is another tune im not that keen on but liked it here, and incoming Aphasia, one of my favourite tunes this, it punches so hard on the drop. The last 3 mixes were very well mixed although just to be slightly negative I feel the flow went alittle bit, still great though.
The Past Present Future >>> Sacred Moments to end was fantastic though, great tease worked beautifully.

To sum up, another great mix from you Watcha, although i've learnt to expect this now. As usual I cant fault the mixes and, to be honest, the tracklist was 99.9% on point and flowed very well. Look forward to the next one!

Wow! Some high praise mate, cheers!
Glad you liked the intro. Wanted to set the scene ;) + Grind > Bonsai Run. Also nice one for noticing Nevada Ghost > Cultural Trauma, was one of my fav bits in there that I wanted to bung in. As well as noticing the section from / around Triffids onwards ;) wanted to ramp things up towards the end from the middle of the mix haha. Got to love Aphasia too. Still kills it!

Thanks for the kind words and comments in the last paragraph too :) B&B is taking a break for a bit and should be back in a couple of months, but I'll be back with something next month that should be mostly your cuppa tea :lol:

great mix as always, selection and mixing was on point throughout. Loads of good bits in this mix but my favourite section had to be Stray & Fracture - Bounce That > Loxy & Resound - Residual Movement > Skeptical & Dub Phizix - The Enemy > Ed:it & Overlook - Quarry > Om Unit & Sam Binga - Triffidz > dBridge & Skeptical - Move Away, loved the selection there mate top notch, this one's already on the ipod, looking forward to your next one man, big up

Cheers Danny! :) and nice one for mentioning that section. Almost as Sicx mentioned, but I liked from Bounce That too right the way through past Move Away ;)

Yeah boi.. On this.
One for the car me thinks.

Sound Ted :)
You know

I've battered the fuck out of this in the last week or so.
Mixing is really on point, but for selection this absolutely kills it.

Hearing records like Bonsai Run, Blush Response, The Enemy (personal fav) & Aphasia again was just a pleasure.
I'm sure i've said it before but got a couple of pals who love this stuff and forwarded them on your soundcloud. When something is this good its worth sharing.

Ez.

Nice one Stu! :) Yeah, wanted to reach for one of Skepi & Dub Phizix' earlier productions as all the newer bits are still in peoples minds. Also same for Blush Response, one of D & Instramental's finest productions, and Aphasia for one of Clarity's ;) Sound for checking and the compliments!

Very nice autonomic intro - blend into Opus was very nice (i need to get this track). great mix with Rohypnol, taking Opus out at the right time. Rohypnol works really well with Opus actually, sort of bringing the whole mix up a gear right at the start. Bonsai Run is another tune I need to get - some great pace being injected with these tracks so far. Nevada Ghost comes in really nicely - I haven't had a mix in months, so i've just realised this is why I haven't been rinsing these tunes ha. Wow, didn't expect Cultural trauma to come in then (reload!) - sounds amazing, great selection. Back to the autonomic with Blush Response. Cultural Trauma is a great track for switching between the more sinister stuff to this 'brighter' stuff. The way that Bounce That taps its way into From a Distance is quality - the two melodies really really compliment each other, bit of a clash with the beats but regardless that's my favourite blend so far. Bounce That brings the pace back to the mix. Residual Movement and The Enemy sounds wicked, the drums of the enemy go hand in hand with the stabs of RM - slight clash as you bring RM out but nothing massive. Haven't heard anyone mix The Enemy in years! Nice cut into Quarry - rim clicks both on the same beat as The Enemy which makes for a smooth transition on the cut. Move Way and Triffidz!!! Shit, amazing mix there. Reflex Reaction is definitely a percy - works really well with the step of 11th hour. Grippin Grain is such a riddim. Oh shit was definitely not expecting that mix with Aphasia!! That is phenomenal - would have liked to have rolled out for longer though! Engage ticks in nicely. Love the little minimal outro - Past Present Future is amazing, never heard it before, so thanks for that one.

Overall that was a fantastic mix - as someone else said earlier, they keep getting better and better!

Epic feedback Rob! Thanks for that! :)

Yeah, wanted to ease the mix in with some tranquil bits then bring things up slightly with Rohypnol which I'm glad you noticed. And nice one for picking up on the Cultural Trauma mix too :D Did the best I could with From A Distance > Bounce That and just had to go with it. Same with Residual Movement > The Enemy so nice one for mentioning that along with Triffidz > Move Away. First one to say about that as I really enjoyed when that came together :) Aphasia is such a weapon to use, and I would have liked to keep that blend in for longer too, but after the last drop on Grippin Grain there is only 1 loop of 32 which is a bit of a shame :-/ but you've got to work with what you got. PPF is really nice. Almost forgot about that tune as I usually reach for Halogenix - Halcyon Daze on the flip

Took a listen to this today while studying, was a good listen, need to check it out with more attention when I get some time, been busy with college and work but I'll try to check it during the weekend

Nice one Norwax!

No DL?

Added to Following anyway so I'll listen through the soundcloud app I have never used.

Back
Top Bottom