What do you do/use that no one else does?

For sure man, musical taste is always down to an opinion of the listener. I ain't bashing dubstep (I own and have made wobble shit) , and I ain't saying all tunes with a reese in it are good. I just think the reese will stand the test of time longer than the wobble.
IMO, those two kind of sounds are and will pass the "test" time due to the different ammount of genres they are used. "Wobbling" (both made by phasing and LFOs) have been used since the advent of the earliest synths, and just now have this "status" that you said (being overused) because of the american scene of brostep. So, it's not true to say it's something that have been explored to it's full extent, once you have more than 50 years of this technique. It may have been overused in the brostep/electro thing, but you'll never know when a wobbling bass/sound will be used, on any different genre that may come in the future.

my dnb is 100% conceptual. it only exists 'in-potentia'. which means it could sound like anything. literally anything. which means im better than you.
its so far gone, i use all the concentration i can muster and take the utmost care NOT to make dnb. which makes alot of people very very uncomfortable. mainly me.

but jokes aside, when i make dnb we use a big old reel to reel tape recorder, mixing console from the 70s, and we do concept music. i think that makes us somewhat special.

my dnb is 100% conceptual. it only exists 'in-potentia'. which means it could sound like anything. literally anything. which means im better than you.
its so far gone, i use all the concentration i can muster and take the utmost care NOT to make dnb. which makes alot of people very very uncomfortable. mainly me.

but jokes aside, when i make dnb we use a big old reel to reel tape recorder, mixing console from the 70s, and we do concept music. i think that makes us somewhat special.
I accept you being better than me, Karl. Already listened to your shit, and it smells better than my shit.

Alpha Juno though a ProCo Rat 2 and a Boss Phaser pedal = sick reeses (The analog kind). I also use an EMU ESI-2000 (has some of those Z-plane filters used on some classic dnb tunes). I even use a Eurorack modualr for some of my bass and synth sounds.

One technique that I start to like more and more is to play with extremely low time settings on delay and assigning it on synths. I am sure somebody does that thing too, as many of things described in this very thread.

This. Really liking it on a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom