Scales

dont worry about scales and modes. most dnb artists are uneducated teenagers in their bedroom with a cracked copy of reason, so any old collection of notes are acceptable

A lot of house djs say that using a minor key "can make a sweeter vocal line" or make it more "plaintive" whatever that means. But tbh, fuck them ^-what he said

I rarly use major scales, because the music I prefer to do is dark and scary.

Even when you think a track sounds major (happy) it can be minor, like this one:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trying to make some authentic style jungle. so I need to know what scales to use.
for the authentic chord pad sound.

just listen to it, no set notes that you must use for drum and bass, find a note you like and go from there surely? Its meant to be creative

get a book, take a class, youtube, search google, ask a person who plays a real instrument like piano/guitar/clarinet etc, trial & error (fuck around on a keyboard), find a riff you really like learn to replicate it then alter it (rinse repeat), listen to loads of jungle (that's what ur making right?), ude your imagination, if all of that fails you suck - stop trying

Back
Top Bottom