Calyx & Teebee Interview: New Album early 2015

Patron

http://po.st/DnBDCnTB

"We think this next LP is going to blow our previous albums away. As each year passes, our 'sound' evolves; as do our tastes and our production techniques. That evolution has continued in writing our new album - we're always pushing ourselves and each other to step outside of our comfort zones and to explore themes and styles we haven't ventured into before - so there will be a really diverse range of tracks; some that people won't expect us to have written, alongside some tracks that we hope people will instantly recognize as being ours."

They also mention their favourite dub being a new Dub Phizix & Xtrah collab:

"a totally unique tribal rhythm that makes the whole room go 'whoaaaa' before erupting into a frenzy!"

One to look out for I guess!

Gotta hate those interviews where they make you read everything twice because they quote replies all the time lol. Calling their last album one of the best ever in d&b is a stretch... Ungortunately quickly forgotten, however I have high hopes for the new one. And it says early to mid, not early.

There were a few good tunes on All Or Nothing... Elevate this Sound and Pure Gold come to mind. Unfortunately both tunes were pretty thrashed by the time the album came out.

Elevate This Sound and Skank spring to mind. The remixes they did during the album period somehow stuck much more in my playlists, and still do - how good is In & Out Of Phase. I don't think that basing an album on that one sound was a very good decision, probably why it wore off fairly quickly.

strung out, starstruck, skank, elevate this sound, pure gold

like half of the album was really really good

the other half sounded a bit like the same tune 6 times

I really liked "All Or Nothing" I don't know what all you are on about...

Looking forward to their next LP!

This was the only tune that really stood out to me on All Or Nothing;

Last edited by a moderator:
There were a few good tunes on All Or Nothing... Elevate this Sound and Pure Gold come to mind. Unfortunately both tunes were pretty thrashed by the time the album came out.

I think you nailed it actually - as I play teh vynilsz I always forget samplers like this were on the actual album as they came out before the album LP. There were some great tunes on it, granted...the EP from the album was average though unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom