June Miller - Ups & Downs EP - RAMM177

The tempo on Saus isn't for me but the title track and The Promise Ring are really nice. Reminds me of Camo & Krooked's current sound.
Something like Brave Man would be more than welcome in my music library ;)

The tempo on Saus isn't for me but the title track and The Promise Ring are really nice. Reminds me of Camo & Krooked's current sound.
Something like Brave Man would be more than welcome in my music library ;)
Yeah whatever tempo it is I really don't like... Most people here would agree

Yeah Ups & Downs and The Promise Ring are pretty cool. Would've been fine with those 2 being a single. The other 2 are unbelievably disappointing imo.

Think that's part of the problem. What's wrong with the old stuff..

That's pretty much their own decision isn't it? I for myself don't like repetition. New things are what excite me, repetition bores me - sooner or later you need to come up with something new or people will turn away to new things. As well most producers want to evolve and do new things.
First track sounds like they listened to the last Joe Ford single and Camo & Krooked stuff and thought, hey let's do something like that. The Promise Ring is alright, something different I appreciate it for that. Saus is for drugged up kids on speed aka. just trying to create the most ridiculous track, sure gonna a have an epileptic shock when I hear this out loud. Bad Brains just doesn't cut it. Like they we're trying to do another version of Noisia's Friendly Intentions which I've never been a fan. But you really need to nail that style to stick out and it doesn't for me. Overall not bad but probably nothing on there I'd bag.

Not really feeling any of their recent stuff. Snapcase & some earlier tunes are in my top fav tunes. And their Sample Packs were dope too, really clean production. Ah well, maybe in the future

Re: June Miller - Ups & Downs EP - RAMM177

I'm all for change and progression, but it's mad the way you never see an artist you always thought made the most horrible, horrible shite suddenly do a 180 turn and start to make amazing music.

- - - Updated - - -

(apart from those two Distorted Minds records a few years ago, perhaps)

I know some don't agree, but personally I just want a stream of really good, solid tunes that I will want to buy, and play in a set. It seems when a dance music artist starts talking about "expressing themselves" or "progressing", it usually means they want to record lots of vocalists, make an album of proper "songs" rather than tunes, and make lots of different genres. And that's fine. But us DJ types, we still want a supply of that good rolling dancefloor shit that attracted us to your music in the first place.

Last edited:
Hey listen im all for dj's changing there style now and again but lets just say its a 4 track EP. Why not have 2 tracks of the normal style and 2 tracks completely different. The way I see it is June Miller has a big reputation and have come along way but that's because people liked there style its a big gamble to completely change a style from what people are used to. I have to agree it's very rare to see it work.

Really liking this EP!

Same

the title track and The Promise Ring are really nice. Reminds me of Camo & Krooked's current sound.

I know what you're saying

I like how the EP is vary varied. Saus is a grower for me and Bad Brains has a Friendly Intentions kinda vibe to it.

Old June Miller Stuff I like, like the stuff mentioned on page 1, but I like (some of) their newer stuff and will be bagging this EP when it is out

Last edited by a moderator:
10155576_10152929377863838_7473711704224606012_n.jpg

thought this was going to be 1 vinyl with 2 tunes each side, but looking swish :)

I really wannna like Saus but that annoying bit with the snare on every step is just like whyyyyyy??
I felt the same about the kick on "suicide bassline", mefjus is his own worse enemy some time

I heard "promise ring" on Friction's show the other night and instantly thought "I MUST HAVE THIS TUNE" but had no way of finding out what it was.. Randomly clicked this thread and found it.. Banger.. Anyone else think the chords sound a bit like that disclosure track "Running"?

Full audio for the title track, this one has really grown on me actually!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom