The FL Studio thread (share tips, tricks, secrets etc.)

for adjusting BPM of loops and samples, load them into the playlist as an audio clip, open the channel settings dialog and look for the time stretching box, just under declicking. There are a few options here to work with, the first being the drop down box. It tells FL what kind of sample you are stretching (beats-transient, vox, or instrumentals-tonal), once you choose that, you can use the time and pitch options to stretch. It helps to keep the playlist view open with the sample inserted so you can use the grid system to set the proper bpm. Hope that helps.

This post (the guy quotes himself from another thread) has probably the most awesome FL studio trick I have seen in months. It's about controlling LFO speed live, it works with Massive's sync ratios, it's fucking great :D

If you are new to FL studio you should probably get some quality training to avoid every nonsense bad quality youtube tuts that every 15yrs old makes nowadays. I made a lot of mistakes and learned the hard way. There are a lot good tutorials in youtube aswell but its time consuming finding the good ones and passing the bad ones. I hope you guys find faster way than I did because I used a lot time to get familiar with DAW and that can be done LOT quicker than I did. Hope I could have found the way back then...

If you are new to FL studio you should probably get some quality training to avoid every nonsense bad quality youtube tuts that every 15yrs old makes nowadays. I made a lot of mistakes and learned the hard way. There are a lot good tutorials in youtube aswell but its time consuming finding the good ones and passing the bad ones. I hope you guys find faster way than I did because I used a lot time to get familiar with DAW and that can be done LOT quicker than I did. Hope I could have found the way back then...

As you, I also learned the things like that, watching tutorials that had a questionable quality. I think that, for the newcomers, one crucial thing is to see if the video is well produced. I mean, both the quality of the audio and the image, and also pay attention if the person behind the video is secure of what he's saying. I stumbled upon many videos where the maker seemed kind of lost, and starts babbling about "how did I end on this screen".

As you, I also learned the things like that, watching tutorials that had a questionable quality. I think that, for the newcomers, one crucial thing is to see if the video is well produced. I mean, both the quality of the audio and the image, and also pay attention if the person behind the video is secure of what he's saying. I stumbled upon many videos where the maker seemed kind of lost, and starts babbling about "how did I end on this screen".

Exactly! Sometimes the outcome isn't even sounding NEAR the same that it was meant to be... But as you find good tutorials it will get easier :)

Exactly! Sometimes the outcome isn't even sounding NEAR the same that it was meant to be... But as you find good tutorials it will get easier :)

It helps A LOT to give forums a search as well. Using the search function, I could find Seamless, warbeats, beats4beets, howtomakeelectronicmusic, and many other good channels on youtube.

ill help u out mate but first u need to invest in some vst's an sample packs, or else u wont get anywhere wiv the fruity standard shit i mean u can make summin out of fruity's standard shit, but it will sound really cheap an empty. vst's like the waves bundle and the filter vst tube vst these are my essentials, my stuff would sound so poor without vst's an careful processing.

add me on aim (ssphinx187) or msn (dxkings316@hotmail.com) an ill give u a little step by step on wobble wiv fruity's standard shit, but i warn ya it will sound poor.

Do you still stand by what you said back then in 2009 Sammy? Or do you think FL has improved a lot since then? Really like the music you make by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you still stand by what you said back then in 2009 Sammy? Or do you think FL has improved a lot since then? Really like the music you make by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! 2009 me sounds like a dick! Not much changed then!

I kinda stand by what said, as it was FL6 back then. It didn't have the layout it has now or some of the inbuilt VST's that have been recently introduced etc
The standard samples have improved massively also which reminds me I should really be using them more! I was well impressed with the latest one!
But stuff like 3xOsx and Sytrus that havent ever changed, i've now learnt to use better. Without the right techniques they sound shit for when you first start out. Filter Vst is still my essential though, I've dropped the waves stuff and Tube vst. Replaced it with fruity's own like the reverbs, the chorus's and flangers etc. They all seem to be much better now lol (Not sure if its just the way I'm using things though? Wont know unless I compare versions!)

not only those, but mostly everything that guy puts out.

his tutorials are on point, his music not so much.

Completely agree. After watching all his "how to bass" series, I could notice that after some point, he's just doing the same bass over and over again, but in different ways. Good to get the knowledge on how to handle things and apply to other stuff, not only basses.

Hey guys can anyone tell me how to make a bassline like in "Hotrocks" from Konichi? (I use fl studio 11 producer edition)

Back
Top Bottom