Forthcoming Samurai Music releases

Clarity EP is awesome. where are the rest of the previews doe?

All in good time……It doesn't seem to be holding people back :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure it will be.

Don't understand why Ena's EP has 6 tunes on a 12", when Clarity's 12" only has 2. Could have snuck Hours on there really.

All quality music though

That's kind've easy. 2 x 8 minute floor tunes vs 3 x 4 min non floor tunes...

Well, despite limited previews, bagged both HORO plates. Still preferred more previews though.

I think we have earned trust with our Horo's. We wanted to get them up nice and early before the festivals so people still had money, and we didn't want to give everything away so people were bored with them when they are out as it is still over a month away (N + P is 6 weeks). At the rate they are selling most will be gone before any more previews go up..

A lot of album pre orders these days don't have any audio at all. It would be different if it was something no one had any idea about, but it's Kiyoko, Ena and Nucleus and Paradox. Their track records are pretty good :)

Aaaaand thanks for supporting despite the previews being only limited previews

Last edited:
I think we have earned trust with our Horo's. We wanted to get them up nice and early before the festivals so people still had money, and we didn't want to give everything away so people were bored with them when they are out as it is still over a month away (N + P is 6 weeks). At the rate they are selling most will be gone before any more previews go up..

A lot of album pre orders these days don't have any audio at all. It would be different if it was something no one had any idea about, but it's Kiyoko, Ena and Nucleus and Paradox. Their track records are pretty good :)

Aaaaand thanks for supporting despite the previews being only limited previews

From that perspective, I agree with you 100% but, I don't know, it seemed a bit strange (to me) that's all. I am new in buying HORO's.

Typically I'll buy a Horo without listening to it to give that first listen something extra special. I've got them all so far, my only full collection and I wasn't about to let that go today, stoked for the next 2 and the ENA LP

Still doesn't really answer my thought.

MethXX springs to mind. Just shooting the breeze

Just shooting the breeze back x. Engineering is over 8 minutes long, Hours is over 6. It takes the side over 14, closer to 15 which is more than we are prepared to do one one side of a 33rpm record, especially when both are floor tunes, and we did not want to put Hours on the A side.

We are Samurai not any other label, so we are gunna end up doing what we are happy doing, as long as the artist is happy we are :)

These are optimum cutting times for club cuts as used by most engineers…

12" at 33 rpm, max time at +6db, 12:30
12" at 45 rpm, max time at +6db, 9:15
10" at 33 rpm, max time at +6db, 9:45
10" at 45 rpm, max time at +6db, 7:15

already been mentioned in the Upcoming LPs thread but ASC has just finished his LP for Samurai - 'Imagine The Future' - and he also has a 12" on Horo which will proceed this.

Ena - Binaural LP (Samurai HORO) Out October 27th

Artwork SWAG...

ena-binaural.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=26198

Japanese artist (and one-time RA Podcaster) Yu Asaeda is known for a meticulous and often experimental take on bass-heavy dance music that spans drum & bass, techno, dubstep and beyond, developing a more freeform approach as time goes on. Cutting his teeth on French label 7even, where he released his debut solo album Bilateral last year.

Earlier on in 2014, he debuted on Berlin label Samurai Horo, which will handle the release of this second one. Reportedly cobbled together from a prolific few months which produced over 40 tracks, Binaural is a heavily stripped-back record "using organic, often found sounds as harmonic and percussive signatures," according to the press release, "travelling further and further into uncharted sonic and rhythmic territory." Binaural continues the trend of the once vinyl-only label moving into CD and digital territory, but it'll come in double-vinyl format as well.

Tracklist
01. Dast
02. Absorption #2
03. Reconnoiter
04. Chemically
05. Sneaking
06. Pressed
07. City Lights
08. Faction
09. Out Of Nothing
10. Antenna
11. Nerve Fiber