Jungle/drum and bass difference?

Don't think there is a difference. Theres a lot of 'Jungle' tracks which if created today would be classed as Drum & Bass and vice versa.

I would therefore, say Jungle was more like a time period, now it's Drum & Bass.

you clearly belong in the mindset that understand good sir!

- - - Updated - - -

I've started reminiscing now!

Listening to Grooverider at Quest's 2nd Birthday Party.

This is how random "Jungle" was.

Nookie - Shining In The Darkness, followed by
Roni Size & DJ Die - The Calling, followed by
Goldie - Sinister (Grooverider Influence Mix)

Hardcore (4x4 beats)
Drum & Bass (As it would be if produced in current times)
Jungle Tekno (Breakbeats, sub bass, mentasms)

But it all fits together nice

- - - Updated - - -

Full track list from that night here: http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53791

I absolutely hammered these tapes as a 13 year old raver!

It's definitely a better option than EDM!
You know what I never understood though is how some people claim DnB to be a dance genre. I'm not saying it isn't but I can't imagine dancing to such a fast pace electronic genre where as opposed to house and techno being danceable.

All is fair in love and Brostep

Really_a_pony_version_of_a_meme_some_bronies_really_2fb4eedd3de7d2f02ac5b5b683891f6d.jpg

You know what I never understood though is how some people claim DnB to be a dance genre. I'm not saying it isn't but I can't imagine dancing to such a fast pace electronic genre where as opposed to house and techno being danceable.

Either you're the biggest troll in the world or you're utterly clueless about music?

Elaborate smartass, I did nothing but ask a question because I want to know

For pretty much 23 years people have been 'DANCING' to Jungle / Drum & Bass music. It derived in it's earliest form from the same place as all dance music. Late 80's house is where it pretty much ALL started.

To say you can't imagine dancing to it and why do people associate it with dance music would imply you know very little about the drum & bass scene that's been thriving on 'DANCEFLOORS' since it's inception.

For pretty much 23 years people have been 'DANCING' to Jungle / Drum & Bass music. It derived in it's earliest form from the same place as all dance music. Late 80's house is where it pretty much ALL started.

To say you can't imagine dancing to it and why do people associate it with dance music would imply you know very little about the drum & bass scene that's been thriving on 'DANCEFLOORS' since it's inception.
That's all I was asking so thank you, I thought we could be more respectful here

That's all I was asking so thank you, I thought we could be more respectful here

Sorry it's not a respect thing. You've come onto a D&B forum and questioned if it's dance music and questioned how people actually dance to it. Surely if you'd done an ounce of research into this music you'd understand that they're crazy questions!

If you really want to understand the history abuse googles powers. There's so much knowledge out there that all questions can be answered. Just don't ask the jungle vs D&B one because it rubs people up the wrong way! ;)

I see, sorry about that, I like it and all and don't get me wrong I understand the features of the genre and it's many sub genres but I didn't know it was dance music. Maybe it's because I only recently got into the genre but I enjoy it nonetheless.

And if anyone has a problem with my tagline then you can say it because many people seem to not like it. Not sure if it's because people hate Skrillex but as you can tell I like him too.

I see, sorry about that, I like it and all and don't get me wrong I understand the features of the genre and it's many sub genres but I didn't know it was dance music. Maybe it's because I only recently got into the genre but I enjoy it nonetheless.

And if anyone has a problem with my tagline then you can say it because many people seem to not like it. Not sure if it's because people hate Skrillex but as you can tell I like him too.

Dance music has always been a very general term for pretty much anything electronically made with a repetitive beat.

There may be a better explanation but yeah it's all dance music.

Your tag line wouldn't be questioned if it made sense possibly?

I see, yeah I mean I'm still kinda learning about EDM and whatnot. When I listen to electronic usually I listen to industrial so DnB is sorta new to me but I like it.

My tagline is a skrillex song, not sure if that makes sense and I know many people probably never heard of the song.

Jungle is played at those parties where you're in a field and there are trees nearby, usually a forest. The term jungle came around as an exaggeration of forest because it rolls off the tongue.

Drum and bass originally started in derelict warehouses but when House music became popular it moved into the basement. This happened when Incredible by General Levy and M Beat was released and everyone hated it.

Jungle is played at those parties where you're in a field and there are trees nearby, usually a forest. The term jungle came around as an exaggeration of forest because it rolls off the tongue.

Drum and bass originally started in derelict warehouses but when House music became popular it moved into the basement. This happened when Incredible by General Levy and M Beat was released and everyone hated it.
This is why I'm here, to learn more about the genres which I listen to so thank you for that

Genuine statement or major wind up?

Once incredible hit the charts yeah but that record was being played for months in raves before hand and it was going off!

Back
Top Bottom