Alright?!

jinjaben

I am Ben, I am originally from London, England and relocated to the Oregon coast, USA in 2001.

I was a teenager when hardcore and jungle was in its infancy. Coming from a love of hip hop and reggae music this new genre connected to me in obvious ways.

Hearing the music was easy with the numerous amount of pirate stations on air in London. Weekend rush and Kool FM being the obvious choices for signal reliability and the quality of the DJs spinning. We would "tape" sets and pass them around at school.

Eventually I started going out to clubs and venues to different parties. The rocket, roller express, Astoria, Paradise etc. There were no shortage of clubs for promoters to put on raves.

I realized after a while I while that i wasn't much of a dancer and just went for the appreciation of the music. There were plenty of guys in the hood that hustled to buy decks and tunes so I would find myself trying to befriend them so I could give DJing a try.

It certainly didn't come easily but with persistence and plenty of money spent on tunes I eventually figured it out. I played at plenty of house parties and local gatherings for a while, trying to get a rep. Eventually I got a spot on a pirate station Rude FM. Playing on friday nights with friends DJ Killa and MC Lok I.

Shortly after that I dabbled in some production and went on to another station Abyss Fm. Shortly after I kinda took a life change and fell out of the scene.

Im boring myself so im gonna stop now, maybe you will learn more about me in the future as I have been back into dabbling with production.

I will post something so you can get a feel of what Im into.

Peace and Love!

https://soundcloud.com/jinjaben/patient-x

yeah man, i concur! really like what youve done with the breaks, its groovy, in all that super chopped madness there is a heavy groove, so kudos for that. but the drone with the pitch sliding down could be better imo. but still sick tune! i like the sound you got on the breaks too

Back
Top Bottom