DnB Forum Remix Competition!

mmm, yes, so speaking of reading other peoples posts, bodo, that precise bit is in the original post, if you read it (its in a smaller font, but that should only make it easier for you to find it).

but if i participate, i will still admin the compo, so you can submit your entries to me or IV4 and we will make the soundcloud happen and the voting poll and the judges final decision thread etc.

because of course i wont be able to be objective as a judge if i participate

Like I mentioned before I have a lot of projects for a few labels as well as my own that need sorting so I dedicated a couple of days to this. I always find my best tracks are the ones that I finish in 2-3 days. Not saying that this is my best ever track, but if anyone beats me I'll cry

Last edited:
I'm done, there's no turning back now. Could be better, could be worse, i'm just stuck with it now, and stuck for time. If it wins great, if not, you all best sleep with one eye open

I'm submitting now, because i have a real shit memory, real shit memory. So if i don't, ill forget to upload like i did with one of the other competitions.

I'm done, there's no turning back now. Could be better, could be worse, i'm just stuck with it now, and stuck for time. If it wins great, if not, you all best sleep with one eye open

I'm submitting now, because i have a real shit memory, real shit memory. So if i don't, ill forget to upload like i did with one of the other competitions.

I see what you're trying to do here. You want us to rush our remixes, so karl will have to go through endless shitty music, and decide which one is the prettier turd. Am I right? :teeth:

Another question time:

[MENTION=65744]IV4[/MENTION], what's the name of the song? Is it really "Melodic Dubstep"? Also, once finished, can we post our shitty remixes on our soundclouds?

Another question time:

[MENTION=65744]IV4[/MENTION], what's the name of the song? Is it really "Melodic Dubstep"? Also, once finished, can we post our shitty remixes on our soundclouds?

It is actually Melodic Dub, I know I am not real creative when it comes to names, and yes please post on sound cloud because sooner or later that will probably be the easiest platform for us all to listen too. I not sure if some of the sign guys can post the remix their but logizk will work all that out.

Also, all the stems are your's at that point, so hopefully you can use them in future production.

Also also, stop beating yourself up, if you need help I am available and Sammy Dexcell is taking questions.

Also also, stop beating yourself up, if you need help I am available and Sammy Dexcell is taking questions.
Nah, man. I'm not beating myself up, really. I just wanted to know it that was the actual name of the song. Mine is half way done right now, in the arranging stage, of course. Should take a couple more of days until it's finished.

EDIT--

Arranging is ready, now it comes the hardest part for me, the proper mixing of this shitty remix I'm doing.

Last edited:
A couple more of days and I'll submit my entry.

Now, it would be nice if we could listen to the ones that have already been submitted, though. Why don't we create a soundcloud group and post our efforts there?

darkysidro, the submission date is the 1st of october, thats when the official soundcloud page will go live with the submissions anonymous, and sadly in a playlist from 1 to ?

whats sad about this is taht song 1 gets 500 listens and most votes, whereas song 15 gets 4 listens and no votes, regardless of quality. i have honestly no solution to this. any ideas? the vote has to be anonymous of course, otherwise its a popularity competition more than a music competition.

so hold your horses bodo. cool your boot. miller time bodo.

me and iv4 have the submissions until then, and if we dont have enough by then, we'll simply have to extend the deadline, but looking at the amount of contestants, that is not a predicament i envision

- - - Updated - - -

oh btw ivan did you get any submissions in?

darkysidro, the submission date is the 1st of october, thats when the official soundcloud page will go live with the submissions anonymous, and sadly in a playlist from 1 to ?

whats sad about this is taht song 1 gets 500 listens and most votes, whereas song 15 gets 4 listens and no votes, regardless of quality. i have honestly no solution to this. any ideas? the vote has to be anonymous of course, otherwise its a popularity competition more than a music competition.

so hold your horses bodo. cool your boot. miller time bodo.

me and iv4 have the submissions until then, and if we dont have enough by then, we'll simply have to extend the deadline, but looking at the amount of contestants, that is not a predicament i envision
Well, the only thing I can say about this is that we could skip the popularity part of the contest, and just leave for the judges to decide which one is the best. the soundcloud group would be there just for us to listen to other people's submissions, you know?

the soundcloud group is there to vote forth the three (three to five, historically speaking) finalists, that the judges will in the end rate and write detailed reviews of. asking judges to write detailed reviews of 5+ tunes is asking a bit much tbh. not sure anyones up for that. speaking of which, we might need more judges. ill see if we can get adam and someone more
[MENTION=6906]$marty[/MENTION] grits is probably out as a judge as he is likely to submit an entry making him no longer impartial, do you think you could see your way to help out and judge the compo? sammy dexcell is already onboard, itd be like doxcoll was judging the thing! dont know why thats good, but it looks kind of neat, dont you think?

Last edited:
Just confirming that there isn't a theoretical deadline to enter, right? I.e. you could submit your name sept. 30th and be allowed to enter, ya?

Back
Top Bottom