Headphones

looks like he's using the Pioneer HDJ-C70's

Bingo!

That's definitely them!

9137951e280d94694cacc16e2b8e0ffd80119968.16.1.12.2.jpeg

At £159 they are directly competing with the HD25's. Anyone got them or used them?

On Decks.co.uk, the video on the page for these cans has DJ Marky promoting them too...

Dj phantasy has done a review on them. Worth checking out on his site.

Not quite a definitive review.

DJ Phantasy said:
I’ve heard the Djs saying “but they look like sennys, hd25s” and I hear what they’re saying but for me these headphones are a level up.
I swear Djs have bought sennys for years because others have them, not cause they’re better than anything else.
I’ve used Stanton for years and whilst I’ve loved them so much, they’re very restricting in their movement.
These Pioneer ones are perfect in the way that they can rest on your shoulder and you can adjust the headphone to sit on your ear without having to crick your neck to the side.
The sound quality is clear and they’re bloody loud which is a big bonus. They have the usual things like having replacement parts etc and the only thing I think Pioneer didn’t do was put a big massive P on the side. No not for Phantasy lol….
One other silly thing that wouldn’t bother anyone else but does bother me is the headphone jack bit would of been better if it was an angled jack but that’s just personal preference.
Don’t take my word for it, go check them out yourselves

He has a point about them not having an angled jack, that would annoy me.

BUT now Andy C has been seen wearing them, everyone will swap over.

My pal at work is guna drive us up to decks.co.uk this week to have a butchers with me so will give some thoughts when I get to see them in the flesh.

The headband doesnt look like it has any cushion like the HD25's not sure how comfortable they would be, but will reserve judgement until I get to try a pair on.

BUT now Andy C has been seen wearing them, everyone will swap over.

Mystic Meg and your glass ball of headphones over here lol

£159 rules alot of people out of the market unless you are keen, I know talented DJ's that could never afford Senny's and have always gone budget with cans.

Without a doubt great promotion having Andy and Marky using them though

Last edited:
My pal at work is guna drive us up to decks.co.uk this week to have a butchers with me so will give some thoughts when I get to see them in the flesh.

The headband doesnt look like it has any cushion like the HD25's not sure how comfortable they would be, but will reserve judgement until I get to try a pair on.

Mystic Meg and your glass ball of headphones over here lol

£159 rules alot of people out of the market unless you are keen, I know talented DJ's that could never afford Senny's and have always gone budget with cans.

Without a doubt great promotion having Andy and Marky using them though

I would love to try a pair. But I've been using senny's for nearly 10 years.

let us know your review on them if you do use them please.

Mystec Meg loooool. Come on bro, it's well documented on the internetz that Andy has a cult following of bum boys.

i find the hd25's really uncomfortable. although i had massive ears. even upgraded to the mk2's with the double band and find them even more uncomfortable!

I've had the hd-25's for well over 10 years now and i love them. I got lucky on ebay just yesterday and bought the pioneer c70's for £56 inc delivery! Fully boxed and as good as new! What a bargain.

Looks wise the c70s are def sexier! They look and feel sturdy, premium and sharp. They feel very comfy and they do have an added cusion under the headband which i have found to be very comfortable.

Both ear cups rotate which is a nice touch and i like the tangle free wire which is 1.5 metres in length. In the box you get a carry case, a flexible wire should you require it to be longer and a screwdriver.

The sound quality is up there with the hd25s but I've heard this goes louder and handles sound pressures like a pro.

Overall i love them and i hold them in the same league as the classic hd25s but they do look better imo! Also everything is replaceable which was one of the biggest drawbacks in regards to pioneer headphones.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom