DJ CONTAKT - TECH, STEP & ROLL VOL.2

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Ez all

Well, here it is. The second instalment of my Tech, Step & Roll mixes. Long overdue but it's finally finished! I worried about how i'd make it as good as the first one (serious big up for those who checked it!) so I just went out to make it a lot different. This one isnt as rowdy..... More of a deeper/minimal vibe. Pretty happy with it, a few iffy bits (I accidentally deleted a better take so had to do it again. Ooops!) but on the whole I think you lot will enjoy. All comments and feedback welcome as always.

Lets go...

TRACKLIST:

Dub Phizix ft. Strategy - The Editor [Soul:R]
>>> Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section VIP [Quarantine]
Skeptical - Catch 22 [Ingredients]
S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface [Critical]
Alix Perez - Myriads [Shogun Audio]
Enei ft. DRS - Obsession [Critical]
dBridge - Cornered [Metalheadz]
Break - Freak [Commercial Suicide]
Sub Zero - Brighter Days [Playaz]
Rockwell - Underpass [Critical]
S.P.Y. & Kasra - Control [Critical]
Skeptical - Blue Eyes [Ingredients]
Foreign Concept - Possessive [SGN:LTD]
Amoss - Splitface [Horizons]
Alix Perez - Menacing Ways [Shogun Audio]
Rido - Core [Metalheadz]
Jubei & Kasra - The Rift [Critical]
Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetry [Shogun Audio]
Krakota - Scraper [Ingredients]

Geez! Funnily enough, I've been on a laptop the last couple of days, and completely filled up my phone with all sorts of wonderful d&b.

SOD'S FUCKIN LAW..after I'm done you put this out! But, I threw the mix you done for the Raving Religion Podcast on there. Yet to listen to it though, so will be bumping that thread soon with epic backfeed of Simon Cowell-esque proportions. Pulling my trousers up as we speak..

Wicked mix again man! Will give you a more thorough feedback later - had just one listen, the only thing is that it wasn't enough techy and steppy for me to do that title a justice :teeth:

on it

internet-memes-untitled.jpg

Wayne, much preferred this then your other one (Raving Religion) although that was good as well.

Had it once this morning already, then i went in again!

Geez! Funnily enough, I've been on a laptop the last couple of days, and completely filled up my phone with all sorts of wonderful d&b.

SOD'S FUCKIN LAW..after I'm done you put this out! But, I threw the mix you done for the Raving Religion Podcast on there. Yet to listen to it though, so will be bumping that thread soon with epic backfeed of Simon Cowell-esque proportions. Pulling my trousers up as we speak..

Hahahahaha. Yes geez. I look forward to some X-Factor style feedback soon!

Wicked mix again man! Will give you a more thorough feedback later - had just one listen, the only thing is that it wasn't enough techy and steppy for me to do that title a justice :teeth:

Nice one buddy. I'll make sure the next one has more Noisia rowdiness in there for you! Hahaha. Cheers for checking though man

On the D/L with CD primed and readied for car listenings!

Looks dark and lovely. On it, Wayne.

looks really good mate, will get on it

Big up your collective chests! Enjoy...

Nice mix, fantastic track selection!

Wayne, much preferred this then your other one (Raving Religion) although that was good as well.

Had it once this morning already, then i went in again!

Nice one for listening guys.

I know what you mean Paul. I loved the last mix i did but this was the one i worked hardest on cos i wanted to make it flow well and be good. Glad you liked it man. Big up

>>> Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section VIP [Quarantine] seriously. editor was made to mix with this. banging way to open up.
Skeptical - Catch 22 [Ingredients] - wasn't sure i was gonna like these 2 together. worked really well tho. u got those drums fused nicley. well played man.
S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface [Critical] - smooth. loved the switch over, both drums cut out before the drop, made the bass transition seamless.
Alix Perez - Myriads [Shogun Audio] - apart from the sudden increase in volume this mix was wicked.
Enei ft. DRS - Obsession [Critical] was nice, kept myraids low in the mix which i think would have been the best way to keep it clean and yeah worked well. couldnt hear much of myraids mid range but if u upped that a lil obsessions vocals would have suffered. u found a nice balance.
dBridge - Cornered [Metalheadz] - oh fuck yeah. nicely brought in
Break - Freak [Commercial Suicide] - love this track. mix was wicked too.
Sub Zero - Brighter Days [Playaz] - loved it!
Rockwell - Underpass [Critical] - badness!!! this is the one for me. everything is on point. having a rewind coz i can and want another go! nicley taken out of the mix too, did well to keep it that clean.
S.P.Y. & Kasra - Control [Critical] - real shame the volume dropped a lil man, i got ur back tho i have a volume button. mix was sweet, those percussion elements fused nicley and that whaaa whaaa from underpass yeah!
Skeptical - Blue Eyes [Ingredients] yes yes! sounded even better than i thought. control's mid was slightly quiet but not a problem. only thing i would have changed is to end the mix earlier before .. how do i describe those mid range noises that happen in blue eyes. u know the bit i mean.
Foreign Concept - Possessive [SGN:LTD] - damn thats hot.
Amoss - Splitface [Horizons] - i think i need a 92! takes the bass out and leave the other elements much cleaner than u can get with eq alone.
Alix Perez - Menacing Ways [Shogun Audio] - crazy! twisted sounds all over this badger. they played off each other quite well. digged it man.
Rido - Core [Metalheadz] yes! awesome. why i dont know this tune is beyond me. must have slipped my banger radar.
Jubei & Kasra - The Rift [Critical] - nailed it. this tracks intro can be a bit of a twat to play with. nice mix. core
Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetry [Shogun Audio] - yeah cool
Krakota - Scraper [Ingredients] - yeah! thats how u finish off. mix had so much weight to it. if i wasn't so hung over id be going mencap.

credit where its due man.
i was very impressed. all the mixes were safe and some were just next level. you definitely have a good ear for what goes and how they should go. can't really fault anything to be fair, couple of gain fluctuations but no real problem.
one more go on brighter days >> underpass and im outta here.
nice one wayne, will d/l this for future reference.

Just peeped this at work, rolling business once again. Selection heavy as always.. The Rift is so BAD! This & few other recent members mixes have inspired me to try and get something down myself!
Roll on critical in March. CHA

Back
Top Bottom