Headphones

B1aDe

Hear me now!
Ok basicly i've upgraded my turntables to 1200's... there coming at the end of the week so i think i had better get some better headphones to go with them. I've got about 50 quid to spend but i could stretch a little further if its really needed. Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated :pimp:

You wont' get HD25's for around a bullseye - Morelike £130ish. You can get the Sennheiser HD25 SP's which are aound £60-70. The are similar to the HD25's in terms of the general look but have a lower output rating, a single thin headband instead of a padded double, and a wire coming from each headphone as opposed to a single cable from one - but are the best on the market for the money.
http://www.dvwarehouse.com/images_4products/Sennheiser/sennheiser-hd25sp.jpg

I work in the TV industry, and whilst Sennheisers are used quite a lot in the industry - we use their cheap ones for quick monitering - but the most people in the industry reckon that Sennheisers are a bit pricy for what you get - after all they are THE name in headphones...

If you're wanting good headphones for the right money check out the sony range - something like these look about the right price http://www.dvwarehouse.com/MDR-7506-Professional-Headphones-p-31564.html

Check out the huuuge frequency response range, way better than the Sennheisers and way less to pay.....

I've listened to my share of Sony and Sennheiser and have never found a Sony that is as good as the Sennheiser at the same price. That said, I would be glad to be wrong.

Hd25s are the standard but if you want excellent, good price but not flashy headphones then go for the Sennheiser Hd200s (freq from 12hz to 22k BUT that's not necessary the most important factor). They look a bit naff and your friends will think they are cheap but they are excellent.

I've listened to my share of Sony and Sennheiser and have never found a Sony that is as good as the Sennheiser at the same price. That said, I would be glad to be wrong.
QUOTE]

Yeah to be fair I've never done a head to head test, just my opinion... Also it's worth pointing out that sony also make a fair amount of shite headphones too, which are best avoided!!!

Not these though http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/71/145/21974.html

Discontinued now I think, legendary 'phones these are...

they have hd25 sp's on play.com brand new for 65 quid mate. i got myself some.

I work in the TV industry, and whilst Sennheisers are used quite a lot in the industry - we use their cheap ones for quick monitering - but the most people in the industry reckon that Sennheisers are a bit pricy for what you get - after all they are THE name in headphones...

If you're wanting good headphones for the right money check out the sony range - something like these look about the right price http://www.dvwarehouse.com/MDR-7506-Professional-Headphones-p-31564.html

Check out the huuuge frequency response range, way better than the Sennheisers and way less to pay.....
If HD25's are good enough for Andy C, Murray Walker in Formula 1 and the BBC they are good enough for me! Andy has used HD25's flat out since he started DJing over 15 years ago. They hold the sound in really well due to their closed cup design and are able to be cranked up well loud without distorting when you are playing on large system with earplugs in.
Why compremise?? Get HD25's if you can afford it dude!
The sony's look gay!!

If HD25's are good enough for Andy C, Murray Walker in Formula 1 and the BBC they are good enough for me! Andy has used HD25's flat out since he started DJing over 15 years ago. They hold the sound in really well due to their closed cup design and are able to be cranked up well loud without distorting when you are playing on large system with earplugs in.
Why compremise?? Get HD25's if you can afford it dude!
The sony's look gay!!

Without a doubt the HD25's are good headphones, real good... If money's no object then they're the ones...

But he's only got around 50 quid, could stretch to a LITTLE more...

Besides, I think the sony's look great - getting a pair of headphones so that you can be like your favourite DJ, now that's gay! :lol:

(Don't worry, I know Andy's a mate of yours, I'm only messin with you man...)

Without a doubt the HD25's are good headphones, real good... If money's no object then they're the ones...

But he's only got around 50 quid, could stretch to a LITTLE more...

Besides, I think the sony's look great - getting a pair of headphones so that you can be like your favourite DJ, now that's gay! :lol:

(Don't worry, I know Andy's a mate of yours, I'm only messin with you man...)
LOL....Andy is a Legend, a good friend and a pro DJ....so if that means i'm queer then get me on supermarket sweep with Dale Winton and lets get shopping! Ha!

Try technics rp-dj1200 there bad trust me, so well made and the sound is incredible. I think they have been discontinued cus of the new ones but you can get them from htfr.com for about £80. Well worth it.

I'm thinking i push the boat out a little and get some hd 25's. Will try and get some on ebay if i can. CHeers all

any idea what can's Andy C is rocking here?

(specifically at 2mins 40sec)

They are Sennheisers. You can tell from the headband. Not sure about the model though. They look like HD25s but modified. Maybe Sennheiser have made him some customs.

Last edited by a moderator:
They look a bit more industrial sized! Much bigger!

They dont look like the new Senny's either the HD8's I think they are called - maybe your right on the custom comment [MENTION=16843]Gloxxy[/MENTION]

Back
Top Bottom