Online Record Stores

Bricky

Hi, this is probably a noob question but haven't been in the scene for a couple years and looking to get back into it. I used to get my vinyl from chemical before it shut, where is the place to get new vinyl online these days? What do people use who are still on vinyl?

Thanks for any help

Red eye records is still the go to shop imo especially with free delivery on all orders over £50(you seen the price of wax these days. Intense & Boackmarket are good places too. Most labels now have online shops or bandcamp stores where you can purchase straight from the source so that label then gets more profit.

Juno is still very reliable. or any label's official websites.

I tend to go direct to label's now as you mainly get free mp3's .

I always use Intense as they def work out the cheapest with members 10% off codes and great friendly stuff along with a fast delivery (same as redeye)

Only ever had 1 problem with Redeye. Tom sorted it out right away.

Agree with [MENTION=30570]hyperd4eva[/MENTION] that going direct to the labels is a much better for free MP3's though.

Fucking Surus. Lost all my free downloads when I went digital and realised I had no way of retrieving them. So pretty much bought all of them again.

I tend to go direct to label's now as you mainly get free mp3's .

I've got a lot of respect for the stores, especially Redeye from who I've bought loads of records over the years, but yeah I can assure you that since all the labels have struck out on our own there are lots of conversations behind the scenes about the best way to give our customers good value etc etc..
We've all got the flexibility now to try stuff out and turn things on and off (for example, last week I changed my store so that when you buy vinyl you get links to download mp3 and wav, so you can decide what you want). Tomorrow I'll probably turn on a 50% discount on all downloads. Next week I might do a CD & Tshirt discount bundle.
You're also more likely to get little freebies and one-off bits and pieces when you order from a label. I almost always put in free vinyl or CDs when people place big orders on our shop. All orders get free stickers and a signed thank you etc.. Presha is always experimenting with interesting things on the Samurai shop and other labels are constantly trying things out too.
So yeah, buy direct, you'll be surprised what unique bits and pieces you can pick up.

Back
Top Bottom