DnB Forum Remix Competition!

haha like an insult from a 90s sitcom where the most emphatic curse word was "heck". or babylon 5 where they really could make "go to hell" sound like something you actually would tell your captors during intense torture, remember that?

you know, babylon 5 wasnt half bad, come to think of it. g'kar. cpt. janeway. hadoooken.

you mother crushing rock holding lager blogger!

Sweet.. Im in :)

Can't believe ive only just seen this thread. Must pay more attention to stickys

Is there any chance of grabbing all the samples in one handy download? I'm incredibly lazy :D

Last edited:
I would like to inform that I may not be able to participate in this competition, even though I stated my interest before. Some other projects are taking all of my time now. I'm looking foward to listen to what you guy come up with, though!

Well I'm not promising anything spectacular, but i'll give this a shot. At the very least it'll be a good learning experience.

I would like to inform that I may not be able to participate in this competition, even though I stated my interest before. Some other projects are taking all of my time now. I'm looking foward to listen to what you guy come up with, though!

You can not just drop out because skiff is in. Bull Shit. Also, just turn in a song it is for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm not promising anything spectacular, but i'll give this a shot. At the very least it'll be a good learning experience.

No problem, it is a very fun thing and just think you could wins the internez, all the internetz.

happy to have you aboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet.. Im in :)

Can't believe ive only just seen this thread. Must pay more attention to stickys

Is there any chance of grabbing all the samples in one handy download? I'm incredibly lazy :D

Sorry I am computer dysfunctional I can not figure it out, but hell yea, thanks for entering.

darkysidro, you are bloody well submitting an entry or im sending preemtive dagz to brazil.

xiris, i concur with iv4, great to have you onboard!

realskuff, looking forward to hearing what you come up with. im going to try and whip something up myself, but if i fail to do so, i will be serving as judge.

what do you think about taking the winning contribution and making that the focus for the next compo?
we take the concept we so painstakingly agreed on a few years ago (i think it was industrial, apocalyptical, and hell? with the option to record your own industrial samples and vocals, i think was about the size of it, but it failed cos i couldnt come up with an adequate sample pack and then my studio equipment along with all my possessions were confiscated by the police) and apply that, in some way or another. maybe? what you reckon?

and well have an actual prize next time, like a guitar effect pedal or a compressor or something, so there is an incentive?

darkysidro, you are bloody well submitting an entry or im sending preemtive dagz to brazil.
Karl, if I'd submit an entry, probably it would be some shitty break over shitty resampled bassline, over shitty FX. When I started messing aroun with the wavs, I noticed I need to learn more, study more before making any new dnb song. Kinda the thing I shoud've done before starting to post "songs" everywhere, you know?

dude, happy hardcore? are you kidding me? dubstep literally is slowed down happy hardcore.

so we can expect an entry by darkysidro then! also remember the following compo will have a theme, and actual prizes, so you might as well get your chops up now. i myself will assemble my studio this weekend and start resampling shit, and with any luck, get a girl to sing over it next week. im bringing out the big guns for this one.

that is, of course, if i manage to write any damn thing at all.

For the next competition, why don't people submit their own tracks, then we create a poll and the one with the highest number of votes gets the spot as the song to be remixed?

For the next competition, why don't people submit their own tracks, then we create a poll and the one with the highest number of votes gets the spot as the song to be remixed?
Why don't you submit a track for this remix, and then next time you can put on the remix comp. I'm just doing it this time because its fun and we have not done one in awhile.

And like I said who cares if remix is not the best, this is more about community, learning, and having fun.

Why don't you submit a track for this remix, and then next time you can put on the remix comp. I'm just doing it this time because its fun and we have not done one in awhile.

And like I said who cares if remix is not the best, this is more about community, learning, and having fun.
Yeah, yeah, Karl "expanded" my horizons when citing other genres I normally do myself. I was just giving an idea about the next one, as it seems it'll be something that will be done regularly on dnbforum.

can we keep this going as a monthly or bi monthly thing?
i can give some stems for another remix after this one?

can we keep this going as a monthly or bi monthly thing?
i can give some stems for another remix after this one?
I hope so, we do not do this enough if you ask me. Also, we should do more dnb producers mix. When we get one of the DJs from the mix section to mix our shitty tracks. It is a lot of fun to hear your work mix with someone else.

seppo! about goddamn time! thank you for your participation, and the next compo will have actual physical prizes, not just spiritual concepts, so dont forget to jump on that too. but for now, lemme just say, were happy to see you back, and are looking forward to hearing your contribution!

now dont let us down dear boy, come first of oct, i will expect to see that entry from you. OR ILL ACT LIKE I DONT KNOW NOBODY

Back
Top Bottom