THIS IS BOLLOCKS...

GZero

No fear no sound!
VIP Junglist
I'm getting fucking tired of the DNB scene at the moment

It's all fucking jump up which I hate, the MCs nowdays are FUCKING TERRIBLE (Don't talk to me about Harry Shotta, he's got lyrics but I've heard his recent shows, he cant cut it.)

What happened to Liquid? What happened to Jungle Tech? LTJ Bukem is probably scared to play nowdays, you all seem to be after fucking mindless AGGRESSIVE synthy type tracks that in my opinion are just fucking noisy wank. It's like fucking bazookas by a microphone. FUCKING CLOWNSTEP MAN.

I used to come here every day, grab at least 2 new sets and that'd be me. I still come every day, I've not downloaded a set in weeks.

I dont really have any specific criticism, this is a rant, but it's just not sounding good anymore. Is it just me? Because I'm gonna just leave this DNB thing and mix dubstep if this shit doesn't get better.

[EDIT]
BTW did nobody else clock the fact that more and more people are putting up garage/grime/hiphop sets now? Other people seem to be losing interest as well.

I agree that jump up and wobble has become tiresome. I do not rate Taxman, original sin, tc, etc. It just isnt my thing. All sounds the same.
Having said that dnb is so versatile. Have you tried Hospital records? Hospital is the best thing in DNB at the moment in my opinion. High Contrast, Logistics, Commix, Danny Byrd and London Elektricity are the way forward. Just hope too many chavs dont jump on the bandwagon.
As for mc's they dont do much for me anymore. GQ is the best as he doesnt chat too much.
But if you are so bored of it you cant enjoy any part then time to get into something else.

glad somebody else has noticed, i'm finding that i dont enjoy mixing this stuff any more, whereas before i got a real KICK out of it all. it does ALL sound the same.

yeah man, Danny Byrd is my lifeline atm, and Elektricity have always been good, same with Logistics, Commix i'm think i need to check out.

I agree on the mcs...but every subgenre has its high and lows.Wouldn´t just say Jump Up soundz all the same but if you don´t really like it, then the words come fast:D

I agree that jump up and wobble has become tiresome. I do not rate Taxman, original sin, tc, etc. It just isnt my thing. All sounds the same.
Having said that dnb is so versatile. Have you tried Hospital records? Hospital is the best thing in DNB at the moment in my opinion. High Contrast, Logistics, Commix, Danny Byrd and London Elektricity are the way forward. Just hope too many chavs dont jump on the bandwagon.
As for mc's they dont do much for me anymore. GQ is the best as he doesnt chat too much.
But if you are so bored of it you cant enjoy any part then time to get into something else.

:word:

Also add Tonn Piper

An as for artists I've been staying well away from Hazard, Gdub, Original Sin, Pleasure, Callide, etc... aswell as the song's they are making arent what I would really call music... Its just somthin to dance to, I'm bored of the track after the first 32 bars...

I absolutely love alot of the tunes from artists that Im sure your all talking about, Hazard original sin taxman etc.... But I hate them aswell. A whole set of it is ####. Any tune sounds better after a different tune. Wot is pissin me off is that you get a tape pack where all djs rinse same ####. Aswell as andy C, Friction, Hype, hazard etc id like to see spectrasoul, Serum, Bladerunner, Nu:tone, Noisia etc. A few sets of each style. I like rinsin everything its a shame more people dont.

A few sets of each style. I like rinsin everything its a shame more people dont.

style-nazism ftw :D

like to spin all "sub"genres aswell. if u dont like whats on the surface, u just have to dig deeper.. there are quite a few decent artists puttin out sick tunes..

as for the mcs. its all about what you want to hear/where you are and so on.

at a big rave with hazard droppin some big new dubs i wanna hear non-stop chatting from the ones like evil or shotta, but if im listening to some chilled out liquid session or a tech-set, i want decent hosting from the ones like SP, ID, stamina and so on ...

There's loads of diverse sets posted up here man, just gota know what to look for.

Rather than check every *HAZARD B2B ORIGINAL SIN W/ 45 MCS* Thread, browse around. (Not aimed at anyone)

There's loads of good selecters posting their stuff in the members mixes thread as well.

There's always gonna be aspects of the scene different people are'nt into, but you just gotta sift through stuff you don't like to find summink special.

What sort artists you after?? Il point you in the direction of some nice sets.

as a lot of ppl sid try other dnb artists. in my collection i have everything, i dont use sub genres watever you want to call em,but all my records cover all aspects of dnb, therefore my mixing can be switched accross all styles it's only boring to mix, if you just buy the same style tunes.Or just listen to the same all the time.there are that many dnb artists that you can choose from!

i highly recommend you come and join us here...

http://www.dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=55914

...where we celebrate what's good in life and not what we don't like about drum and bass. you should never hate drum and bass. i don't dig jump up much, but it's an important part of the scene, recognise and understand* the reason the scene has splintered up so much is because people can't appreciate the many aspects this wonderful music has created.

wun love* and when is the fucking ewun e.p out?

Agree with you, jump up sucks. Get yourslef listening to some Marky, Bungle, Ney Faustini...good Brazilian vibes, restored my faith in D&B.

hey, just because i dont like it, doesn't mean you lot aren't allowed to!

i know what you mean about subgenres, and searching the site (and i have), but i'm talking about the scene as a whole, and the quality of dubplates being released today. I guess i miss jungle tech, other people seem to have happily got onto jump-up

klaus6425: that sounds FUCKING HORRIBLE, i wouldn't want to find another track like it. However stick on any other jump up tune you care to mention, its the same GROWLING bass/synth and not a lot else.

why people'd listen to this shit for fun, is beyond me.

oh and that's fatman d yeah? this guy's supposed to be a good MC? sorry fatman, but i'd rather you shut the fuck up, you're making a bad tune even worse.

Listen to Eks+Herbz stuff from before 2000, listen MC Conrad from 1995, listen to Hyper D in 1998. THAT my friends is MCing.

Last edited:
Im not bang into jump up anymore. well i like it but not as much.
get some sick tunes still but all ive been listening to really is anything from:
Freak
Tech Itch Recordings
Penertration
Algorythm
Barcode
Offkey
Obscene
Evol Intent Recordings
Lifted Music

As for Jump up i will only get sets with DECENT mcs on such as harry shotta, Mekar, Gusto, Stevie Hyper D, GQ and SP(aslong as the DJ is good), older skibadee and fun sets(when the mc beef was present).
Ive been listening to liquid alot and stuff which has abit of a jungle element such as the stuff that gets played in Dj Vapour Mixes.
Mainly because i like to put abit of atmosphere in my tunes(my newest), during the main part.
Jump Up Dosent really do that anymore.

Jump Up is played alot more because it is one of the most recognized Sub Genres in drum and bass, i feel that its got bigger since the DJ Hype DNBA cd.
I dunno though

Let people listen to what they want, you choose what u listen too so let them. Liquid, tech etc is still everywhere you just gotta look for it.

hey, just because i dont like it, doesn't mean you lot aren't allowed to!

i know what you mean about subgenres, and searching the site (and i have), but i'm talking about the scene as a whole, and the quality of dubplates being released today. I guess i miss jungle tech, other people seem to have happily got onto jump-up

klaus6425: that sounds FUCKING HORRIBLE, i wouldn't want to find another track like it. However stick on any other jump up tune you care to mention, its the same GROWLING bass/synth and not a lot else.

why people'd listen to this shit for fun, is beyond me.

oh and that's fatman d yeah? this guy's supposed to be a good MC? sorry fatman, but i'd rather you shut the fuck up, you're making a bad tune even worse.

Listen to Eks+Herbz stuff from before 2000, listen MC Conrad from 1995, listen to Hyper D in 1998. THAT my friends is MCing.

i felt like riting sum long arse ting about how wrong u actualy are but i cant be fuked to explain it to a simple minded prik who no matter wot any 1 says will still fink that his view is the right 1

yer as i said in what i think is the exact opposite of this thread, if you dont like dont listen to it!
your never goin to like every tune that gets realeased thats the idea there all DIFFERENT. but dont pigeonhole it all and decide what you do and dont like before you give it a chance. and as for ur argument about MC's.. well, there wicked! not all of them all the time, but even andy c clangs a mix every now and again...

Back
Top Bottom