303 compo?

logikz

I Am Not The King
hello everyone,

ive always been fascinated with the roland tb303, but never actually managed to use it in a track, as such. well, not a dnb track, certainly acid tracks out of rebirth back in the day, but not dnb as such.
my brother built a xoxbxox (303 clone) and that could produce some mad basslines, but i never got the chance to sample it. fun to play with on its own though.

anyway i was thinking a comp when we have to make dnb with a 303. not sure about the rules yet, but you guys are interested, we should start hammering out the details!

as for examples i dont know many right off the top of my head, but i think old ed rush and optical had 303s in there, and then
dj reality - detroit city blues is one example of how to use it,
and i think subfocus - timewarp also has acid leads in it, but im not sure. didnt really pay attention to that song, just read that somewhere.

is anybody up for it? like i said, we just have figure out the rules (samplepack or not? vsti or what. prize?) and get cracking, i think itd be fun

x, carl

Carl, any suggestions on free 303 clones for us who don't have the physical synth? If yeah, I'm up to it.

so far were a company of four, if we get like 6 more its a compo if you ask me!

i dont know what vsti but if we drum up enough interest its a compo, and not only that, we should totally get a prize!!

im thinking a samplepack of a few drummachine kits, the worm, some strings to make strings, and then a vsti for the 303.

right? reason can do vsti now right?

so far were a company of four, if we get like 6 more its a compo if you ask me!

i dont know what vsti but if we drum up enough interest its a compo, and not only that, we should totally get a prize!!

im thinking a samplepack of a few drummachine kits, the worm, some strings to make strings, and then a vsti for the 303.

right? reason can do vsti now right?

Either it be sample packs or VSTi, I think that what we should use must be provided, right? I really don't know if reason can do vsti. I'm down to it as well, bodo. GRA TA TA.

ok so standalone 303 app hopefully a reasonably good freeware one (there is this great site that compares software emulations with the real thing and rebirth is REMARKABLY poor, in fact, its the shittest one out there, whereas i thought it was perfect back in the day) that is available for both pc and mac and then a samplepack with a break, a drummachine kit, you can record any vocals you like annnnnnnnnd im thinking we do a twist like industrial sounds are also allowed? to record or create in any way you want or see fit, because thats the theme of the commando compo industrial 303s from hell - or no wait we already did that didnt we? so maybe no industrial and i wonder what people are going to think about using a standalone, not everyone knows or sometimes even want to how to resample. but i think some of them syncs up to midi. or something, but yeah,
tell me what you think? haha and GTRATATA SWAG BEYOTCH

Last edited:
Cue the Dillinja 'Acid Track' imitations!

Why not keep it simple and allow any samples and synths but must have a recognisable 303 style part?
I might be up for this but a little fed up with competitions at the moment

ok so standalone 303 app hopefully a reasonably good freeware one (there is this great site that compares software emulations with the real thing and rebirth is REMARKABLY poor, in fact, its the shittest one out there, whereas i thought it was perfect back in the day) that is available for both pc and mac and then a samplepack with a break, a drummachine kit, you can record any vocals you like annnnnnnnnd im thinking we do a twist like industrial sounds are also allowed? to record or create in any way you want or see fit, because thats the theme of the commando compo industrial 303s from hell - or no wait we already did that didnt we? so maybe no industrial and i wonder what people are going to think about using a standalone, not everyone knows or sometimes even want to how to resample. but i think some of them syncs up to midi. or something, but yeah,
tell me what you think? haha and GTRATATA SWAG BEYOTCH
I'd transform anything into industrial hits and drones anyways, lol. what if it we were able to use both a vsti and samples? i guess it would be easier for people to be creative with it.

just make a dnb tune with a 303 part? thats your idea for a compo? if its a compo it needs rules, restrictions, samplepack and concept, not 'just do whatever the fk and youll win a prize yay all kids are special even the stupid ones'
hey why dont we just give a prize to all who signs up? not even submits an entry, but just for signing up. you get a xoxbxox for signing up. how does that strike you? best idea so far, or am i wrong here

just make a dnb tune with a 303 part? thats your idea for a compo? if its a compo it needs rules, restrictions, samplepack and concept, not 'just do whatever the fk and youll win a prize yay all kids are special even the stupid ones'
hey why dont we just give a prize to all who signs up? not even submits an entry, but just for signing up. you get a xoxbxox for signing up. how does that strike you? best idea so far, or am i wrong here
Then provide a sample pack, with all the sounds your highness think we should sample/resample, Carl. a compo isn't a compo without them samplepacks.

i say samplepack for drums, record any vocals/industrial stuff you like, and we decide on a standalone 303 doohickey (or a specific vsti for pc and mac and standalone for reason) so everyone can play. and for strings and stuff like that its samplepack.

or can reason vsti now?

i say samplepack for drums, record any vocals/industrial stuff you like, and we decide on a standalone 303 doohickey (or a specific vsti for pc and mac and standalone for reason) so everyone can play. and for strings and stuff like that its samplepack.

or can reason vsti now?
Reason can't vsti.

Also, found these three (free ones) on kvr:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tau-by-muon-software/details

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tau_bassline_mk2_by_muon_software/details

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/cm_303_by_computer_music/details

or can reason vsti now?

I like the idea of sample pack for drums & strings.

For the "record-your-own-thing" idea, what would you consider "industrial stuff"?

If i have to buy a synth for this compo i'll probably take a pass, don't really have a budget for new toys right now

nobody has to buy a synth [MENTION=97264]xiris[/MENTION], this will be freeware and samplepack
[MENTION=35050]H*product[/MENTION] any freeware recommendations?

actually is anyone here in reason?
[MENTION=92424]Chax[/MENTION] you should totally be in the compo, my G

and manu that is brilliant, lets do this, are we 10 yet?

Back
Top Bottom