Real Trap

It's not for a while man, till June. But its the Outlook Festival Launch party in Reading. I'll hit you up closer to the time i'm sure :D haha. Nice one geez!

no worries man, best bet is clock my sets which i've done and see if you can dl the tracks, most of them are freebies

reallly???? bro i dont come into any genre thread i dont like a bull shit about it.... Come on man, music is a varient of whats good and whats not to the listener.. you cant write off a whole genre...

Thats being narrow minded...

and to answer why i called it real trap is coz fes and I had rival threads regarding trap... nothing more than that

I got nothing against the genre mate, its just not for me. Just keep it the fuck out of DNB Nights.

hhhaa, you make it sound like i'm the promoter making these artists play trap.... its all about the individual dude, rockwell and the likes are clearly influenced by the trap and juke sound so they'll want to play some in their sets, just as noisia would play dubstep or sub focus playing house..

I have to say i like a dj that plays a diverse set... Bores the pants off me when its only one genre for a night...

just took a listen to that last one you posted charlie, dope tune

heard this one in a club this friday, went nuts with the bass

0:49 - 0:59 = jizz

oh and 1:23 is pretty sick too

Last edited by a moderator:
hhhaa, you make it sound like i'm the promoter making these artists play trap.... its all about the individual dude, rockwell and the likes are clearly influenced by the trap and juke sound so they'll want to play some in their sets, just as noisia would play dubstep or sub focus playing house..

I have to say i like a dj that plays a diverse set... Bores the pants off me when its only one genre for a night...

I know the promoter isnt telling them to (although sometimes they do...).

When your in room 2 at fabric for Critical and then suddenly like half an hour of trap gets played, it makes me want to demand a refund. I went there to hear dnb... Ive got nothing against the music, like what you like, but i go to dnb nights to hear dnb, not be bored out of my mind by this stuff.

I know the promoter isnt telling them to (although sometimes they do...).

When your in room 2 at fabric for Critical and then suddenly like half an hour of trap gets played, it makes me want to demand a refund. I went there to hear dnb... Ive got nothing against the music, like what you like, but i go to dnb nights to hear dnb, not be bored out of my mind by this stuff.

You pay money to go and listen to dj select and mix tunes yet you're complaining about the tunes they are selecting?

You pay money to go and listen to dj select and mix tunes yet you're complaining about the tunes they are selecting?

I dont want to start shit, thats not what this thread about.

But basically, yes. I go to a dnb night to hear different dnb tunes get selected... Whats wrong with that? When half hour/hour of trap comes on i honestly feel cheated. Its not that i dislike the music (although its definately not for me), its that i paid money to hear dnb. And seeing as my money isnt stretching very far at the moment i dont want to spend a score to get into a club under the impression my ears are going to recieve a dnb battering to hear half the night full of dubstep and trap. Just my opinion boys, no need to get so defensive. Its one of the rare occassions im not going to push my opinion and kick up shit about. Surely you can understand where im coming from?

You dont expect to hear minimal techno at Critical, why should i expect to hear trap? Whats the difference? Where do you draw the line of whats acceptable to play at a dnb night?

ha, i completly understand where your coming from Forau, how ever i've had the opposite at house nights. The dj may drop like 15 minutes of jungle of bashy 130bpm music and its a nice switch up..

Again its all about personnel preference. Average nights is 8 hours long so its all good if someone takes a half hour to play some other shit...

I remember this infamous story of someone going up to Zinc when he played some breaks in his set saying 'what hte fuck are you doing its a dnb night' and people had to hold groovrider back from stomping this guy and he was saying something like 'what coz i was one of the founders of dnb i cant play house music'

You gotta think that if it wasnt for these influences from every other genre, dnb would be stagnent.

Again its all about personnel preference. Average nights is 8 hours long so its all good if someone takes a half hour to play some other shit...

Personally i prefer doing it how it was done back in the day, which isnt done as much anymore. Room 1 for one genre, room 2 for another, room 3 for a third. If you want a different genre, go to a diferent room.

But hey, like i say, my opinion.

tumblr_ma1sscVebU1qacwnwo1_1280.gif

Back
Top Bottom