Fl studio send channels.

louissmusic

what can i use the send channels for? is there away of applying one ceratin vst to more than one channel like applying a filter to a kick snare and hat other than inserting all the drum hits into the same channel?

sorry if its confusing

what can i use the send channels for? is there away of applying one ceratin vst to more than one channel like applying a filter to a kick snare and hat other than inserting all the drum hits into the same channel?

sorry if its confusing

o The sends are pretty much just used for applying an fx/filters to different busses, not sure what more you can do with them, I dont use them for anything else and honestly its just a way to save cpu.

o Afaik, no. You cannot apply a vst to multiple channels.

o Not sure what you mean by the last part... Thats what you should be using the sends for. Every sound should have its own buss and then just use the send to apply an effect to multiples.

For example, if you want to toss on multiband distortion to all your drum elements just put it into the send and then procceed to send it to all the the drum channels, same with reverb etc.

Hope this helps, im a little confused.

In studio (and live) usage, sends are used a lot for bussing effects. For example, if you had a reverb unit, a physical unit I mean, you would have a good plate verb for vocal for example, and you can send all the vocals to that channel (and adjust the reverb unit to only pass through 100% wet, no original sound at all), they then have the same sounding reverb on them with just 1 unit.

You can adjust any channels send levels from the mixer. When you select channel 1, the turn dials under the send channels dictate how much of ch 1 goes to each send. When you select channel 2, the dials change to represent how much of ch 2 is going to each send.

A good example of using sends is having a 100% wet delay on the send channel. This way you can process the delay more without affecting the original signal: Add Fruity Delay 2 to the send channel of your choice, and turn the "dry" knob all the way down. This way you wont double the undelayed sound. Adjust time and feedback to taste. Then add a Fruity Free Filter below the delay, set it's mix level on 50% and set it on a high-resonance HP filter. Then automate the filter frequency and you got much more life in your delay chain.

Another example is splitting bass by frequency. You can use fruity's routing for this too but sends work fine also: Take a gritty bass sound to channel 1. first fx slot, use the Fruity Send, route the signal to send ch 1. On your bass channel's 2nd fx slot, use a EQ and lowpass from 200Hz. On send 1's first FX slot, use EQ and highpass from 200Hz or higher. Now you can add distortion, filtering, chorus, autowah, delay or whatever on the high end of your bass sound without mushing up the low end. Reverbing bass this way can work nicely if the high end is stabby.

sorry if its confusing

The answer on your second question is not "no" like said earlier, but "YES"... Actually you could use a send track for that. Just send all the tracks that need to be affected by the filter to the send track and then put the filter on that same send, now the filter will be on all tracks you send to it.

erm yeah, necro much

Huhh.... This is weird...
I just looked at the date and this post is from 2009... How did it end up on the frontpage of the production category?
When I replied to this post yesterday I only looked at the first two pages of production... Really weird...

Guess it's just me being stupid or something hahaa. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom