Samurai - Clarity & Ena LP launches @ Plan B, Brixton

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist
Who's going?

https://www.facebook.com/events/350547978425661/?fref=ts

10563154_10152702516639341_8266395339126089984_n.jpg

there must be more people. this is the sort of line up i'd imagine lots of people would reach from here.

I'm going to the outlook thing but gonna hand out flyers for a night I'm running here after! Hopefully see some of you looking a bit worse for wear

Anyone else? If you see a short bloke wearing a Horo tshirt with a big fella and an indian matey, then come say hi!

Set times for tonight:
Room 1
10:00 - 11.30 - Overlook b2b Ruffhouse
11.30 - 12.30 - Indigo
12:30 - 01:30 - Paradox (live)
01:30 - 02:30 - Clarity
02:30 - 03:30 - dBridge
03:30 - 05:00 - Loxy b2b Presha
Hosted by SP;MC, DRS
Room 2
11:00 - 12:00 - Adam Elemental
12:00 - 01:45 - Sam KDC
01:45 - 02:30 - Ancestral Voices
02:30 - 04:00 - Ena

Re: Samurai - Clarity & Ena LP launches @ Plan B, Brixton

Amazing! Perfect amount of busy-ness
This!

All sets were massive, room 1 was busy but not packed, room 2 was quieter but more experimental and chilled, both had a great atmosphere.
Set wise, Ruffhouse & Overlook was standardly aggressive, minimal snares business, set of the night for me and I felt they were on too early tbh. Indigo was basically the opposite and played stuff like Bloom by Fredric Robinson and Porcelain by ASC, along with some slightly harder bits near the end. I parred off Paradox for room 2 but came back near the end when he was playing jungley sounding stuff. Clarity was wicked as well, and like the first set of the night played his trademark dark, aggressive machine music, lots of stuff of his new album and that Apache remix/vip thats in the new Samurai podcast. dBridge was good as per, lots of fairly older exit bits on there, Code3 - Living Proof with the Watching You vocals tease sounded tasty, he also played some sick as fuck new halftimey bits with vocals that reminded me of Perez' new output. Loxy & Presha ended with another moody set, lots of stuff I recognize from Loxy's CX & Cylon mixes (Rendering the Garlic Boy remix, League of Shadows remix etc.) and was a wicked end.

Room2 I saw a tiny bit of Adam Elemental, who played, I think, an older autonomic'y Commix bit. Sam KDC was the set I saw most of as didnt fancy Paradox, and it was basically like listening to the Auxiliary podcasts in a club, really good (but strange) experience to here these tunes through a big system. Overall he played a sort of dubby type set, think Ascetic by Sam KDC on Veil (didnt realise how brutal the snare is on this). Great DJ as well alot of flawless mixing.
Missed Ancestral Voices unfortunately.
Saw about 15 mins of Ena and I actually really enjoyed it, considering I dont actually like that many of his tunes. Really experimental, robotic vibes for this one, few people were going mental in there but i found it really hard to dance too, but yeah, liked most of the stuff he played.

Overall a quality night, no poor sets (that i was aware of) and actually quite varied style wise. Was nice having a room for more experimental/less dancefloor friendly bits and it was interesting hearing stuff that I guess was more intended for home listening, played out on a proper system.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if anyone saw me wondering about I was wearing the sweatshirt with a big 72 on it!

One of the best nights I have been to. Pure quality music wise, friendly crowd & good venue.

Well worth a tenner of anyone's money....

Back
Top Bottom