Forthcoming Ram Records

Really? Does that REALLY cause a problem? Are we now complaining about 33rpm? It's not like you have to get showered, dressed and catch a bus to the other side of town to 'adjust the rpm'. It takes less then a second!

Loads of my old skool D&B vinyl is 33rpm.

It's not ideal by a long shot, no. Otherwise people wouldn't complain. Its not just pushing a button as you mentioned, as much as that coupled with trying to find the right one of many cue points in a dark sweaty club with nerves and time constraints. Easy to overlook one aspect of many. For Dj'ing, 45 is optimal, hence why it was the standard for ages.

Anyway its all moot nowadays. Audio EP is nice, save headroom mk3 though. Not needed!

The second track is the same as Headroom.

Anyway its all moot nowadays. Audio EP is nice, save headroom mk3 though. Not needed!

That's how Headroom should have sounded in the first place. Anyways, liking Break It and absolutely loving Gotham, only Ultron is some kind of screechy nonsense.

It's not ideal by a long shot, no. Otherwise people wouldn't complain. Its not just pushing a button as you mentioned, as much as that coupled with trying to find the right one of many cue points in a dark sweaty club with nerves and time constraints. Easy to overlook one aspect of many. For Dj'ing, 45 is optimal, hence why it was the standard for ages.

And this is spot on.

That audio EP is fucking enormous. Can't stop listening to the mini mix. It makes me feel like I'm standing bare foot on a barbecue in a somehow pleasurable way

That's how Headroom should have sounded in the first place. Anyways, liking Break It and absolutely loving Gotham, only Ultron is some kind of screechy nonsense.

And this is spot on.

While I understand your frustration you kind of lose the ability to fight the art of vinyl / being a purist because for the 15 or so years I played vinyl I never heard that as a complaint. It's a 2014 first world problem type complaint really.

So many big tunes were pressed as a 33 even on a single tune per side scenario back then.

To each their own though as the saying goes

'Ultron' was that track mixed with Time warp VIP on Andy's Ultra set but has been changed in a dissapointing way..

While I understand your frustration you kind of lose the ability to fight the art of vinyl / being a purist because for the 15 or so years I played vinyl I never heard that as a complaint. It's a 2014 first world problem type complaint really.

So many big tunes were pressed as a 33 even on a single tune per side scenario back then.

To each their own though as the saying goes

This ! my god is this what its come too? complaining that a tunes not 45rmp its 33? wow how would they have got on in the early 90's?

You're missing the main point of our frustration - the need to find cue points for multiple tunes per side in the dark while playing out. If those records were 1-tune-per-side 33 rpms, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

You're missing the main point of our frustration - the need to find cue points for multiple tunes per side in the dark while playing out. If those records were 1-tune-per-side 33 rpms, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

Kids these days... want to have their cake AND eat it...... :) :) :) :)

One of you definitely complained about 33rpm. If it wasn't a problem it wouldn't have been mentioned would it?

Anyhoo.....

Alls fair in love & Brostep .... :)

Don't get me wrong dude I completely agree. But unfortunately it doesn't seem djs are taken into account by most labels when it comes to wax nowadays. Take example icicles new lp, no way is anyone going to be able to quickly mix in the edge etc whilst having to adjust the rpm and look for the cue point amongst 4/5 others etc. like I said it's a bloody shame, nothing touches vinyl. Serato/traktor comes quite close, but nothing could ever emulate flicking through a box panic stricken looking for what you know would go well with what's playing and the crowd would love.

I guess there just catering for the masses. Voting on plates would be a good idea in principle, but in practice they are never going to make everyone happy.

Big up ram for not giving up just yet though!

Lol, read what I said again mate. All in the context.

Anyway enough about 33/45/78. Time for bed no?

Granted you had a combined complaint. Just think in terms of vinyl these days you can't demand labels press everything exactly how you want it. It must be near impossible to profit on a vinyl press these days. Current choices are probably the best way to guarantee breaking even and still having a wax format.

As for bed time it's a school night. 10.30 mate! got 40 minutes yet!

Granted you had a combined complaint. Just think in terms of vinyl these days you can't demand labels press everything exactly how you want it. It must be near impossible to profit on a vinyl press these days. Current choices are probably the best way to guarantee breaking even and still having a wax format.

As for bed time it's a school night. 10.30 mate! got 40 minutes yet!

Agreed, and some wax getting pressed is far better than none. IMO it's just not the best for djing in the current format :(. Would press plates if I was made of money still though!

And as for bed, I meant the argument not yourself :)

Back on topic, where's city lights?

Back
Top Bottom