DnB FORUM REMIX Contestants!

Vote for

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah at least a couple times a year would be great. Probably atract more peeps and encourage more producing. What about a thread before hand where we put our minds together to come up with more ideas so that the next time itll be even more refined. I saw many good ideas on this thread and theres probably more.

Yeah at least a couple times a year would be great. Probably atract more peeps and encourage more producing. What about a thread before hand where we put our minds together to come up with more ideas so that the next time itll be even more refined. I saw many good ideas on this thread and theres probably more.

yeah, i already did that. we had a huge thread with discussion and ensuing polls about theme and rules and in deafening democratic unison we arrived at "industrial dnb apocalypse theme" with the rules saying you can record your own industrial sounds and vocals, but other than that must stick to the sample pack. i never made the sample pack so the whole thing fell through, but for the next one, i think its a good idea to use the concept and rules we cooked up that time, no?

then we can have a new discussion for the one after that etc. what do you think. makes sense?

im of the opinion we should have at least 50 votes before closing. however, the three finalists are there for everyone to see right now, which is a plus. what do you think [MENTION=65744]IV4[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

oh and i could move it to general dnb section for a while too, im sure they would vote a little too

yeah, i already did that. we had a huge thread with discussion and ensuing polls about theme and rules and in deafening democratic unison we arrived at "industrial dnb apocalypse theme" with the rules saying you can record your own industrial sounds and vocals, but other than that must stick to the sample pack. i never made the sample pack so the whole thing fell through, but for the next one, i think its a good idea to use the concept and rules we cooked up that time, no?

then we can have a new discussion for the one after that etc. what do you think. makes sense?

Oh I missed out on that thread I think. Well, I know now thanks Karl. Yes indeed a post contest discussion thread makes perfect sense.

Maybe people aren't voting because they don't want to go thru all 17 tunes and feel guilty voting without giving us all a fair chance? Iuno just my two cents.

yeah 17 entries is way way too many tunes for someone to listen through and then make an informed decision when voting.

the only fair way would be to put all 17 to the judges really. but thats also asking a fucking lot, so this is the best compromise i been able to think of

17 to the judges sounds like a plan if they are willing to do it
who are the judges again?

Last edited:
We have finalists. So everyone that listened to 17 tracks and spent time to choose their favourite is now wasted.

yeah 17 entries is way way too many tunes for someone to listen through and then make an informed decision when voting.

the only fair way would be to put all 17 to the judges really. but thats also asking a fucking lot, so this is the best compromise i been able to think of

My recommendation would be to find five to seven producers who have a certain amount of experience (popular releases) that would be willing to take the time to judge. Gather as many as you can who'd be willing to do this and have the forum vote in selecting at least five of them. That's as fair as it gets, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

That would also have a direct effect on increasing forum members and contestants - reaching out.

[MENTION=90]logikz[/MENTION] yep, I think we need more votes than we have now. The voting should continue. I would not mind seeing the top five tracks go to judges if the voting continues. If you agree Logizk, please make the arrangements.

- - - Updated - - -

Im confused. So its down to public vote still?

No we are voting to see who made the three most popular songs.

To build on dnb4dcrowds idea: Have the original producer + 3-4 other judges (with proper experience) select their top 7 tracks of the full batch. Take their 7 individual selection results and combine them all to find the top 5 mutually selected tracks. In case of a tie, the judges go to a second round of voting, selecting only from the tracks that are tied until a list of 5 is made. (Alternate idea here would be allowing the original producer to select a track out of the ones that are tied.) Put the top 5 tracks up to public vote. (I'm worried finding 7 producers willing to dedicate time monthly/bimonthly/whenever contests are could be a challenge, if they're in the forum they may wish to participate)

Back
Top Bottom