Vinyl Pressings

or just get a single copy cut for personal use (with the labels permission) and dont ask the label to reimburse?

you don't need the labels permission to get a plate cut for your own personal use do you? I mean, its kind of been covered in a few threads but getting it cut to a record isn't any different to writing a CD out (technically) is it?

you don't need the labels permission to get a plate cut for your own personal use do you? I mean, its kind of been covered in a few threads but getting it cut to a record isn't any different to writing a CD out (technically) is it?

No, its exactly the same as burning a CD, just 1000x more expensive.

yea youre right but i know some labels get jumpy about cutting tunes to vinyl

LOL!

£24 is nothing!!!! I used to go transitions for my dubs and it was £50 a pop.

I would of thought that a label would be "honoured" in a way that you want to get their tune cut to dub... I dnt think any label would be willing to reimburse you half the cost though.

i brought a sandwich from tesco and they only had breakfast supreme surprise on white bread but i wanted it on wholemeal.
so i brought it anyway along with a loaf of wholemeal and sent tesco an invoice demanding reimbursement.

Heres something S>P.Y posted to facebook the other day or was it D bridge i forget... anyway interesting stuff

http://www.factmag.com/2014/08/25/how-to-press-a-record-30-photos-from-inside-the-vinyl-factory/

Also i Believe there would be copyright laws regarding reproduction wouldnt there? so that would go in any instance... cept one...

19350p.jpg
:teeth:

Last edited:
Why would I press a tune that already came out on a 10"? Which I already have?

Anyway I get the negative vibes in here. Will not pursue with anything. Just have to except tunes are digi only and buy digital hardware/software!

It was a joke

Just a random thought...

Is there a way you can buy the digital only release, go to get a plate cut, then politely message the label to reimburse you for half of the cut? Is it legal?

Why should a label give you back money for what YOU want? The label (in collab with the artists) decide what format a release comes out.
It's not about negative vibes really but you can't expect a label to pay you money for your own personal wants?

I wonder if Andy C would reimburse me some plain tickets if I go see him play abroad?

:lol:

I wonder if Andy C would reimburse me some plain tickets if I go see him play abroad?

:lol:

Exactly, I can't see him over here so I have to fly to London, can RAM please reimburse me either accomodation or travel expenses?

Heres something S>P.Y posted to facebook the other day or was it D bridge i forget... anyway interesting stuff

http://www.factmag.com/2014/08/25/how-to-press-a-record-30-photos-from-inside-the-vinyl-factory/

Also i Believe there would be copyright laws regarding reproduction wouldnt there? so that would go in any instance... cept one...

19350p.jpg
:teeth:

I am pretty sure the copyright laws INCLUDE writing to CD's, so everyone here would have broken it too. If everyone obeyed the copyright laws, then no tunes would get played in clubs by anyone but the producers and label owners, and the whole scene would shrivel up and die pretty quickly...

that pic is funny though and sums it up really - the more it gets duplicated and played, the more ears it is exposed to and therefore more chance of it being bought and played by more people. Its a snowball effect in this industry

Yeah good point i was just messing anyways.

We decided that its pointless prohibiting people from duplication on the LP i mean as you said this sums the music industry up completely. regardless people might have a hard job duplicating vinyl although i know it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom