Gottwood Festival Podcast 075 - Rob Vanden

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist
[MIXCLOUD]http://www.mixcloud.com/Gottwood/gottwood-presents-075-rob-vanden/[/MIXCLOUD]

http://www.mixcloud.com/Gottwood/gottwood-presents-075-rob-vanden/

Bringing back the Gottwood Presents mix series in advance of 2015’s festival is Bristolian Rob Vanden. We have been tracking him for a few years now and this mix showcases exactly why - he operates in a dark but intriguing place somewhere between techno, minimal and drum and bass, and of course this year saw him win the Gottwood Dj Competition. Watch this space...

Tracklist:

ASC - Fulcrum
Subject - Sugarloaf
Khords - 1995 Memories
Felix K - Flower Of Destruction #2
Djrum - DAM (Felix K Reinterpretation)
dBridge - Metrodone
Reza - David Can Still Beat Goliath
Arkaik - Babylon Dub
Loxy - Ancients (Skeptical Remix)
Chimpo & Caski - Um Bongo
DBR UK - Depth
J Robinson & Knowledge - Untitled
Thing - Minimal Theme
J:Kenzo - Ironclad
Consequence, Loxy & Resound - Project No Name
Scuba - Tense (dBridge Remix)
Instra:mental - No Future (ASC Remix)
ASC - Lone Star
Sam KDC - Erogenous
Dexta & Mauoq - Slugger (Tension Dub)
Skeptical - Another World
The Untouchable - Adamantium
Alix Perez - Gully Halves
dBridge, Instra:mental & Skream - Arcacia Avenue
Moresounds - Blood

Download: https://www.facebook.com/gottwood/app_182222305144028

He-llo!

Looks epic from start to finish! Will be the next mix I listen to when I can fit it in.

Its a proper mix yeah Rob? Not too podcasty. I fucking hate podcasts :teeth:

Just finished this one.......was really good. This one is my favorite from you tha i have heard so far. Big ups on this mix. Loved that Fulcrum/Sugarloaf opener. Ancients/Um Bongo was a really cool one too and i think i freaked out a little when gully halves came in......that mix was extra gully ha ha. Keep'em coming.

Oh and i don't think you ever checked my halftime mix....i know you didn't like some of the tune selection on one of te mixes i did before....you might like this one...some of the same traks you play in this one.

https://soundcloud.com/beknoxx/oppurtunity-knoxx-vol4

thanks for taking a listen mate! glad you enjoyed it

yes i remember seeing that one! I'll check that soon mate

[MENTION=33501]The Watcha[/MENTION] you had a listen yet mate?

I did mate. Give me a while to have another listen as I gave it an airing in the car with some other heads and didn't clock alot of the good bits.

But on first listen, part of the tracklist doesn't match the mix. Like didn't hear any of the tunes below in the mix I downloaded. Did you give Gottwood another edit?

Thing - Minimal Theme

Scuba - Tense (dBridge Remix)
Instra:mental - No Future (ASC Remix)
ASC - Lone Star
Sam KDC - Erogenous
Dexta & Mauoq - Slugger (Tension Dub)
Skeptical - Another World
The Untouchable - Adamantium
Alix Perez - Gully Halves
dBridge, Instra:mental & Skream - Arcacia Avenue
Moresounds - Blood

the mix that download off the facebook page had Loving Touch towards the end. Definitely different to the Mixcloud version

Last edited:
But on first listen, part of the tracklist doesn't match the mix. Like didn't hear any of the tunes below in the mix I downloaded. Did you give Gottwood another edit?

the mix that download off the facebook page had Loving Touch towards the end. Definitely different to the Mixcloud version

WHAT??? ill email them now

- - - Updated - - -

haha mate I think you listened to a different mix potentially?? I just downloaded it off their facebook and its the same as that one above and the tracklist. Bit stoned were we? :teeth:

WHAT??? ill email them now

- - - Updated - - -

haha mate I think you listened to a different mix potentially?? I just downloaded it off their facebook and its the same as that one above and the tracklist. Bit stoned were we? :teeth:

I downloaded it twice within the space of 30 mins last weekend and both came up with the same mix. I'll upload it to dnbshare later if you don't believe me.

Thats a spin out. I think whatever I downloaded spliced it with a this Danny Scrilla mix, around Project No Name - http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/177308-Big-Up-Mix-88-Danny-Scrilla

Will give your actual mix a proper listen soon as man :P

were you downloading the danny scrilla mix at the same time by any chance? PM'd you a link to it on dropbox mate - probably higher quality as well

Sorry its taken SO long to get back to you on this one mate. Been really tied up with shit through the week and a few evening classes most evening, so had barely any time to write any feedback, let alone have a mix :-/

This was a great mix from start to finish. Fulcrum made for a wicked intro, through to and including FOD#2 and DAM rmx which worked incredibly well off the back of one another (and reminds me that I must mix those FOD bits that I like more.... been sat in the stack for months). Pretty sure I hadn't heard Metrodone before.

Babylon Dub - Ancients rmx - Um Bongo was a quality string, letting Babylon drop on its own, for the percussion in Ancients rmx to work with its predecessor wonderfully. The the dd with Um Bongo was such a cool touch. Similar percussion talking to one another again. Untitled & (love that tune, equally as much as) Minimal Theme sounded really good together.

Great use of P No Name. Still finding how to use that to its best ability myself. Tense rmx was a pleasure to hear in there (will be coming in a forthcoming B&B ;) ) and good to hear that ASC rmx of No Future again too..... love that off kilter shuffle beat in that :) But stand out blend had to be Slugger - Another World for me, not only because Another World has to be one of my fav Skeptical tunes, but the way you go those 2 talking to one another :) really wicked mix that one man! Also that Gully Halves - Acacia Avenue blend, really bounce off one another tune.

Loved the way you had tunes talking to each other in this (as previously mentioned), some of the bits where you let the tunes breath and some where you let the tunes drop on their own, plus the occasional double drop made for a thoroughly enjoyable listen (y)

Also, love that "its getting insane I know" vocal sampled from some old dance tune in that 1995 Memories tune

were you downloading the danny scrilla mix at the same time by any chance?

I think your mix went in the same position as that Danny Scrilla mix on my memory stick when I copied it over, after deleting the Scrilla mix. Must have spliced the 2 for some strange reason.

Will get round to B&B 10 at some point :D

Sorry its taken SO long to get back to you on this one mate. Been really tied up with shit through the week and a few evening classes most evening, so had barely any time to write any feedback, let alone have a mix :-/

This was a great mix from start to finish. Fulcrum made for a wicked intro, through to and including FOD#2 and DAM rmx which worked incredibly well off the back of one another (and reminds me that I must mix those FOD bits that I like more.... been sat in the stack for months). Pretty sure I hadn't heard Metrodone before.

Babylon Dub - Ancients rmx - Um Bongo was a quality string, letting Babylon drop on its own, for the percussion in Ancients rmx to work with its predecessor wonderfully. The the dd with Um Bongo was such a cool touch. Similar percussion talking to one another again. Untitled & (love that tune, equally as much as) Minimal Theme sounded really good together.

Great use of P No Name. Still finding how to use that to its best ability myself. Tense rmx was a pleasure to hear in there (will be coming in a forthcoming B&B ;) ) and good to hear that ASC rmx of No Future again too..... love that off kilter shuffle beat in that :) But stand out blend had to be Slugger - Another World for me, not only because Another World has to be one of my fav Skeptical tunes, but the way you go those 2 talking to one another :) really wicked mix that one man! Also that Gully Halves - Acacia Avenue blend, really bounce off one another tune.

Loved the way you had tunes talking to each other in this (as previously mentioned), some of the bits where you let the tunes breath and some where you let the tunes drop on their own, plus the occasional double drop made for a thoroughly enjoyable listen (y)

Also, love that "its getting insane I know" vocal sampled from some old dance tune in that 1995 Memories tune

I think your mix went in the same position as that Danny Scrilla mix on my memory stick when I copied it over, after deleting the Scrilla mix. Must have spliced the 2 for some strange reason.

Will get round to B&B 10 at some point :D

Fuckin legend Mark! really glad you enjoyed it. Another world's great isn't it, hope that vip sees the light some day.

what evening class you taking mate?

Missed this Rob - had a listen this morning and can only really echo the previous comments about some of the quality blends in here.
Really tidy selection too. Love mixes where I know barely any tunes - keeps me interested

Babylon Dub > Ancients (skeptical remix - man I need this tune) was certainly a standout section, and the tune after. (y)

The whole of this is large, got a few pals who don't post on here who love this stuff, will share and get them on this.

Big ups.

Back
Top Bottom