Jungle and Drum and Bass - What Is It About To You?

DNB4DCrowd

In other words, what are you in it for? I don't wanna elaborate but would rather leave the question simple and see where your thoughts go with this question. I was gonna make a poll with a few choices but that's too narrow. Go anywhere you wish with this. Go for it.

Last edited:
regardless of how much i ignore it and drift into trendy fads, ultra obscure subcultures, folk musics that barely exists and my need to find the most extreme music in existence, drum and bass continues to be the music that my brain always wanted to hear. both the new genres and the old stuff, there is so much of it, its almost impossible to run out. before i heard drum and bass i always knew there was something out there that would satisfy. when i first got a whiff of it, i thought it was called rave, later i throught it was called trip-hop because i could hear the hiphop breaks in there, along with the vocal samples and that, so, basically trippy hiphop (and trip-hop was called jungle, because it feels like being in a mystical jungle, was my reasoning). but then i heard dread bass by dead dread and that was it for me. predator. artcore. but mainly timeless. which is why i have metalheadz tattooed on my spine. metalheadz I and II, when digital made "metro". that era was like "mystery movie samples and apache break" concept albums, and that, to me, will always be the heart of what drum and bass is really all about.

at the same time, being that i love it so intensely, i also hate it intensely. i would rather dance to "im blue dabadee-dabadaee" than damn jamp ap. in fact, techstep and neuro had better play their cards right or im leaving the fucking venue. not to mention housey stuff and liquid. some liquid is just happy jamp ap ffs. some tech is just jamp up in disguise, its like trying to pass off some puerto ricans as native americans. BITCH I KNOW A PUERTO RICAN WHEN I SEE ONE. oh and skullstep can fuck right off. no way im paying a red damn cent to go to prspkt or any other fucking skullstep monstrosity. hell no.

two sides of the same coin. so, what does it mean to me.

breaks and phat basslines

and arguing with me over our concept of it? :D

- - - Updated - - -

subliminal dnb

Lies?

- - - Updated - - -

regardless of how much i ignore it and drift into trendy fads, ultra obscure subcultures, folk musics that barely exists and my need to find the most extreme music in existence, drum and bass continues to be the music that my brain always wanted to hear. both the new genres and the old stuff, there is so much of it, its almost impossible to run out. before i heard drum and bass i always knew there was something out there that would satisfy. when i first got a whiff of it, i thought it was called rave, later i throught it was called trip-hop because i could hear the hiphop breaks in there, along with the vocal samples and that, so, basically trippy hiphop (and trip-hop was called jungle, because it feels like being in a mystical jungle, was my reasoning). but then i heard dread bass by dead dread and that was it for me. predator. artcore. but mainly timeless. which is why i have metalheadz tattooed on my spine. metalheadz I and II, when digital made "metro". that era was like "mystery movie samples and apache break" concept albums, and that, to me, will always be the heart of what drum and bass is really all about.

at the same time, being that i love it so intensely, i also hate it intensely. i would rather dance to "im blue dabadee-dabadaee" than damn jamp ap. in fact, techstep and neuro had better play their cards right or im leaving the fucking venue. not to mention housey stuff and liquid. some liquid is just happy jamp ap ffs. some tech is just jamp up in disguise, its like trying to pass off some puerto ricans as native americans. BITCH I KNOW A PUERTO RICAN WHEN I SEE ONE. oh and skullstep can fuck right off. no way im paying a red damn cent to go to prspkt or any other fucking skullstep monstrosity. hell no.

WTF is skullstep

Wow you guys, thanks for the responses so far. On the road now and will listen to your words soon. This phone is so dam small, shit.

Logikz...wow. Good stuff. Big ups. Ez

Drum and Bass is just what I like to listen to. I think there is so much versatility, talent and new ideas that it never gets boring to me. From the deeper side of drum and bass to straight up dancefloor bangers I love all the sounds it has to offer (apart from gay as fuck vocals, screechy noises, skullstep and all other kinds of faggotry :teeth: )DNB also reminds me of some of the best times I've had out partying and one of the only genres that gets me dancing all night, love the scene, love the music.

Last edited:
WTF is Liminal?

A Drum and Bass Duo out of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina who deserves mad respect.

http://bass-ship.com/album/liminal-magnets/

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts Logikz. I went through a time of knocking certain subgenres/styles, until I realized there is absolutely no threat of the type of Drum and Bass I love to die away. You will always be able to have the tunes you love so why not accept the freedom of others to make whatever style music they want without a hard time. However, it works both ways and there's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion. I'm beginning to get that as well. Me personally though, I don't want to shut the door to the style of Drum and Bass that I promote for them by unintentionally turning them away.

Seriously, the Drums(more so now trying to produce myself, I now hear the complexity of good break creation much more than I ever did before) and the Bass.
When i was younger and DJ'ed a bit more seriously, I was into Progressive House, but it was always about the Bassline, that and a fat kick, and not that shitty one that commercial dance music used(read Cheese). I always listened to Jungle for the B-lines.

I took a hiatus from dance music for a long time, and when i came back I gravitated toward DnB for that B-line again, the Prog house movement pushed to far into cheesey synths for my liking(from what i could be arsed to find, I hope there is still an underground scene in that genre), but I could find an abundance of dark sounds with proper B-lines in DnB.

When I recreate a tune in my head, or hum one, its is the B-Line. This was my sig for a while(some lyrics from DubFX), and it rings true in my world.

"That its a place full of bass where your soul can rest
You know Im not lying you can feel it in your chest."

WORD

Back
Top Bottom