!!!NEW TRACK - L FUSION - MEDIEVAL MANIAC!!!

djlfusion

1st track iv made in a long time cz i got a virus on ma laptop n had to wait 2-3months to get reason back. anyway have a listen n let me no wot u think! i wud lyk to hear wot peeps think. Safe!

www.myspace.com/djlfusion1

Also feel free to add me on myspace whilst ur ther!!!

At first listening...

The good and great things: each element is using a very well defined "space", so you do not muddle elements. Basses and leads are great: my favourite part is the intro - maybe because I am a sucker for semi trancey themes... the isolated "ala Iblit" vibrato mixes great with the incoming pad...

THe song evolves great... white noise is there to break the rythm when it might be becoming dull...

My main concern is the snare. MAybe it needs eq'ing, maybe it needs some change in velocity... but after the first two minutes can cause some "tired hearing" syndrome. But please note that I am very old and get tired of certain frequencies easily! :D :D :P.

My final thought: great track, but the beat needs polishing/embellishing...

BEst regards,
David

At first listening...

The good and great things: each element is using a very well defined "space", so you do not muddle elements. Basses and leads are great: my favourite part is the intro - maybe because I am a sucker for semi trancey themes... the isolated "ala Iblit" vibrato mixes great with the incoming pad...

THe song evolves great... white noise is there to break the rythm when it might be becoming dull...

My main concern is the snare. MAybe it needs eq'ing, maybe it needs some change in velocity... but after the first two minutes can cause some "tired hearing" syndrome. But please note that I am very old and get tired of certain frequencies easily! :D :D :P.

My final thought: great track, but the beat needs polishing/embellishing...

BEst regards,
David

cool. thanks for ur input. much appreciated! iv actual layerd the drums this mornin on the 2nd drop n also changed the snare abit. jus need to re-up on my myspace. but ye.. thanks for ur input!!! big ups!!!

btw mate... It is my opinion (I might be wrong tho... It is happened in the past! :D) that you have more chances of receiving feedback from the "locals" if you do not react with niceties like "retard" ... just saw the other link and your exchange of not so nice words with Dar Kist... Just my two cents! :D

Looking forward to hearing your future tracks mate... kudos and peace! (man I feel hippy this morning! :clown: )

tbh wen i posted it in production sum1 else mentioned the snare needin changing n i agree so thanx. keep a luckout for future productions of mine. you can even add me on myspace if u hav it. also if u want u can check out my mixes in the blog on my myspace page. recorded a 2hr set yesterday with abit of everything in it. peace.

just re-upd medieval maniac let me no wot u think if u get chance.

Last edited:
nice heavily influenced by weed page you got there lol
I got suckered in once again for more jump up, it really aint my thing intro got me thinkin it would drop into jump up but i listened on anyway, first off drums : action loop steer clear of using it so blatantly its too noticeable either use the high end in the snare or the roll off it has but not just the action loop as your main drums, use other breaks theres plenty find a better snare an kick drum an take the time one day to just process some drums an fit em all together so u have a start to ur own unique sound.
Bass sounded a bit wierd imo an plain, more layers wouldnt go a miss an maybe some variation of basslines would work or a switch as most jump up goes from one b to another.
Good use of fx n shit.
Other than that obviously not feelin it tbh but who knows others might!
Keep at it, try different styles it will help you get a grasp of production then u can use what youve learnt in other tunes! big up peace!

Back
Top Bottom