Subfocus b2b Fiction @ Porate Station 2008

A quick update like i said i would...
I was in the studio then on the road with the Brookes Brothers, Karl 'Shock one', and Rich 'Viper' lastnight...
We hit Fabric, Herbal, then Drum and Bass Arena All Stars night at the Coronet for the 6am 'Graveyard Shift'!!!! Strange night!
I picked up a load of new dubs...one being the track that everyone is itching to find out the title....
The track after 'Goblin' is a tune called 'Riddum' by James Culture Shock...It sounded fucking mental on Fabric's system!!! In my opinion James is by far one of the top five producers in the scene as far as quality is concearned. His tunes are a cinematic soundscape of sheer listening pleasure. There's another one called IMAX too which is equally big! Annnyyyywayyy.....just keeping you guys in the loop as you know that tune is probably one of the best tunes on that set.

Yes Sir, you keep good company! On DOA there's a "producers to watch out for in 2008" thread. My choices were:
Brookes Brothers
ShockOne
Culture Shock
Phetsta
Terravita
The Qemists
InsideInfo

Half of 'em you were with! Brookes Brothers & ShockOne are working on a tune atm while ShockOne is over from Australia. It's gonna be massive, guaranteed! Culture Shock is really on top form atm. I thought his 3rd Stage EP was amazing, but he's really gonna take it to another level this year.

Brookes and Culture Shock are working on a new thing at the moment too...Expect big tings!
Shock one was telling me he's been working with Phetsta and the two go together like strawberries and cream in the studio.
Also, check out 'Middle east sun' by L-Plus on Viper...I picked up the dub at the weekend and is getting played by Andy C at the mo...
I'm going to do a 3 deck mix CD soon with all the latest dubs on which i'll post up as an MP3 for you guys to check out.:jackson: Cha'mone!!!!

Brookes and Culture Shock are working on a new thing at the moment too...Expect big tings!
Shock one was telling me he's been working with Phetsta and the two go together like strawberries and cream in the studio.
Also, check out 'Middle east sun' by L-Plus on Viper...I picked up the dub at the weekend and is getting played by Andy C at the mo...
I'm going to do a 3 deck mix CD soon with all the latest dubs on which i'll post up as an MP3 for you guys to check out.:jackson: Cha'mone!!!!

Sounds tasty like Strawberries & Cream.
You know the headz will be waiting for this.
And don't have us waiting on pin and needles.:D

Yes Sir, you keep good company! On DOA there's a "producers to watch out for in 2008" thread. My choices were:
Brookes Brothers
ShockOne
Culture Shock
Phetsta
Terravita
The Qemists
InsideInfo

Half of 'em you were with! Brookes Brothers & ShockOne are working on a tune atm while ShockOne is over from Australia. It's gonna be massive, guaranteed! Culture Shock is really on top form atm. I thought his 3rd Stage EP was amazing, but he's really gonna take it to another level this year.

apart from shockers upcoming tunes on viper in a few weeks and phetstas release on technique, he and phets has been in the studio for the last 6 months and from last chat with phetsta have close to an albums worth of tunes, but i can predict a massive bididng war between viper and technique as to who releases there tunes, should be interesting....
have heard most of them and are sounding huge...... forget pendulum people, Perth = shock 1 & Phetsta

Yeah ShockOne & Phetsta are like peas in a pod, they've done lots of tunes together. Cyclones, Love Her Forever, and Jungle Planet are a few they've already finished.

Personally, I'm super excited to see what ShockOne & The Brookes Brothers come up with. That is guaranteed to be some pandemic sickness!

PS - Can an admin or someone change the title of the topic from "Porate" to "Pirate"? It's really annoying! :lol:

finally got round to listening to this, and i have to say i don't see what all the hype was about, nothing special imo. there doesn't seem to be much thought to the track selection, even though there's a lot of double drops, not many of them particularly work well together and the only good thing i can say about it is that despite being two massive names in the scene, their ego's didn't make 'em rewind every tune.

Sub Focus B2B Friction Tracklistings:

Sub Focus - Let The Story Begin
Xample - Low Down
Sub Focus - Join The Dots
Hazard - Killers Don't Die
Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now (SKC RMX)
>>> Dillinja - In The Grind
Brookes Brothers & Futurebound - Dawn Treader
Baron - Blinking With Fists (12 mins)
>>> TC - Game Over
Sub Focus - A Bit Patchy RMX

Updated. Baron - Blinking With Fists.

Back
Top Bottom