Crissy Criss 2010.02.04

60 tracks in 30 minss :gun: fuckin smashes!!! best jump up mix ive ever heard! cheers for the upload Joonas (y)

Zero T & Bailey — Wasp Factory! RAH!

Noisia — Machine Gun (Spor Remix) :gun:

Last edited by a moderator:
1Xtra really need to sort it out. Broadcasting drum and bass as 'Black Music' is the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that without the reggae and ragga influence into acid-house to ultimately form the Jungle sound (in a nutshell) then dnb wouldn't exist. But labelling dnb as 'Black Music' is a loada bullshit tbh.

Drum n Bass is made by EVERYONE for EVERYONE. Black, white, brown, purple couldn't givva shit - drum n bass brings people together. The fact 1Xtra are so ignorant just bemuses me. You'd of thought they were clued-up - OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!!! I'd like to know who from 1Xtra made the decision to spread the word the dnb is 'Black Music'. They can be exposed as an IDIOT.

Back to topic - mix is pretty good, just not a fan of dubshit.

That new Nero - Electron tune is alot!!

But labelling dnb as 'Black Music' is a loada bullshit tbh!!

taking offence to the word 'black' (which is just a colour) is a bigger problem.

what about 'black' comedy??

the word black, in referance to culture refers to alternative IMO not race.

taking offence to the word 'black' (which is just a colour) is a bigger problem.

what about 'black' comedy??

the word black, in referance to culture refers to alternative IMO not race.

I have black friends, brown friends, I live in SE Ldn trust me I am not racist.

In the sense of 'Black Comedy' - yeah the word 'Black' does mean alternative.

In this sense it is not. 1Xtra seem to try and portray it as "Black Music" as in music that is made by black people, only black people, and only black people listen to it. Which as we all know is a loada shit.

Black Comedy and Black Music are two different kettles of fish.

I wouldn't take it too seriously, that's just their slogan "Love black music love 1Xtra" that they air before every show starts if that's what you essentially refer to.

They have the biggest support for DnB from any station aside from online only DnB stations so i'm just glad for that.

I wouldn't take it too seriously, that's just their slogan "Love black music love 1Xtra" that they air before every show starts if that's what you essentially refer to.

They have the biggest support for DnB from any station aside from online only DnB stations so i'm just glad for that.

When they say that they are referring to all the forms of urban music that they play; Dancehall, R&B, Hippedy-Hoppedy etc etc.

I just think it's idiotic them being the only organisation I know of to actually try and label Drum & Bass as 'black music'.

I know how much support 1Xtra has given to our scene - Drum & Bass cannot be labelled as 'Black Music' though.

like i said.. the problem is that people are offended by words. not the words themselfs. think about it.

fuckin hugggee mix 60 tracks in 30 mins and absolutely smashess it!

Last edited:

LOL seriously man. I've wondered before what exactly they mean by "Black Music" but really never thought much more about it. It's made and listened to by such a diverse crowd I don't think it matters what they call it. They could change the name of the genre to Dogshit and Bass and say it's for black people only and I'd still love it. White guy from the States I might add :D

Nice 1 for all the uploads once again Joonas!

Back
Top Bottom