Jack Smith June Mix

jsmith89

Hmph..... silly...
VIP Junglist

easy all, wasn't sure whether to upload this as i had some problems uploading when it was originally recorded in june, and because the last blend wasn't as good as i had hoped which pissed me off. anyways any feedback is as always greatly appreciated, hope you enjoy :)

Silent Dust – H.A.B.R
Rockwell – Everything (& U)
Tokyo Prose – Apogee
Synkro & Indigo – Reflection
Pearson Sound – Down With You
Bop – Forms, Ideas, & Chips
Flatliners & Mental Forces – Mount Erebus
Indigo – Time
Furi Anga – Rainbow Unit
Alix Perez – Suffer In Silence Ft. Zero T
Seba – Painted Skies (Stunna Remix)
Data – Compassion
Sub Zero – Brighter Days
Xtrah – Stranded
Subwave – Gift
Krakota – Be Myself
Shimah - Swordfish

really enjoyed it mix, all the tracks go really well with each other in a musical sense, all sounded in key, and i think for the type of more laid back mix you did it was spot on.
my knowledge of most of those tracks isn't great but it sounded very good indeed.

Data – Compassion
Sub Zero – Brighter Days

probs my fave section (y)

really enjoyed it mix, all the tracks go really well with each other in a musical sense, all sounded in key, and i think for the type of more laid back mix you did it was spot on.
my knowledge of most of those tracks isn't great but it sounded very good indeed.

Data – Compassion
Sub Zero – Brighter Days

probs my fave section (y)

nice one james! glad you enjoyed it, yeah was going for more down tempo stuff then slightly more dark towards the end. got your august mix next in queue once i've finished this clarity mix, managed to make a small but significant dent in backed up music on this lazy sunday so will feedback soon man. safe for checkin again

I echo what J Wood says, but I have to say the end of the mix stands out to me, brother. Really dug the flows throughout and it ended on a great note. Not your usual style for a mix to me, but I really liked it nonetheless. Impressive, man, keep it up!

I echo what J Wood says, but I have to say the end of the mix stands out to me, brother. Really dug the flows throughout and it ended on a great note. Not your usual style for a mix to me, but I really liked it nonetheless. Impressive, man, keep it up!

ahhh many thanks mate! a lot of the tracks are my favourites, tried to let every track have its own space so much good music about. will be listening to your rollers mix soon as, had my eye on it for a while, looks class! safe for checking again :)

ill have some of this.

judging by the TL looks my kind of tip, but will have to see what that last mix is saying...

will feedback for you inabit

very nice mix man, particularly feelin the section from "reflection" to bop. gunna have to jump on that sub zero track too, keep it up fella

cheers for listening mate! yeah man was really taken aback by brighter days, ridiculously diverse release with poon on the flip. looking forward to your next mix

listening now nice mix everythin rollin and flowing together nicely.

few tunes i aint heard which is always nice and selection really keeps the vibes going. need to grab Synkro & Indigo – Reflection, big tune.

listening now nice mix everythin rollin and flowing together nicely.

few tunes i aint heard which is always nice and selection really keeps the vibes going. need to grab Synkro & Indigo – Reflection, big tune.

yes yes fractal thank you! yeah best thing about the members mixes is finding new tracks, so much good music that gets missed. reflection is a special track for sure, synkro and indigo are such versatile producers

first off the overal quality of the recording sounds wicked, u have to tell me what ur using mate. ive only got shitty earphones in but u can tell it sounds nice, what program/set up u using to record?

really good so far man, real smooth and clean mixing, perfect for this style of laid back tuneage.
glad u played down with you, im all about that track.

suffer in silence / painted skies is a wicked blend.
as is compassion > brighter days .. when they drop its lush!

really swish mix man, ultra clean just how i like it. you clearly know what ur up to! well played!

had a listen through. the quality and tightness of the mix first off was pretty damn good. Decent work!

Fav Section

Data – Compassion
Sub Zero – Brighter Days

Didnt really have anything I didnt like in this mix, felt entertained throughout and didnt get bored of the selection.

wasn't mad keen on the last mix with Swordfish, but generally the technical ability outshone any imperfections or parts I didnt particularly enjoy (which were few and far between!)

Ill keep an eye peeled for your next installment

Salute fellow smith.

first off the overal quality of the recording sounds wicked, u have to tell me what ur using mate. ive only got shitty earphones in but u can tell it sounds nice, what program/set up u using to record?

really good so far man, real smooth and clean mixing, perfect for this style of laid back tuneage.
glad u played down with you, im all about that track.

suffer in silence / painted skies is a wicked blend.
as is compassion > brighter days .. when they drop its lush!

really swish mix man, ultra clean just how i like it. you clearly know what ur up to! well played!

safe Teddy thank you :) when i saw you had posted a comment i half expected a full breakdown slaughter of every blend so i'll take it as a compliment that there isn't a criticism! down with you is absolutely one of my favourite tracks, just beautiful. took a while to figure out when would be best to introduce painted skies at that point, was pretty pleased myself with the lingering vocal from suffer in silence kinda stumbled across that one. cheers for the positive feedback! and i use a hercules mp3 e2 mixer with virtual dj, proper basic but i've only just got into mixing so a good place to start i think. in terms of the quality, virtual dj only allows me to record in .wav form so i have to scale it down to 320 mp3 in itunes so it doesn't crash soundcloud. works out good for me so i can listen back and see where i really fucked up or something didn't go so well. thanks again for checking mate much appreciated

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

had a listen through. the quality and tightness of the mix first off was pretty damn good. Decent work!

Fav Section

Data – Compassion
Sub Zero – Brighter Days

Didnt really have anything I didnt like in this mix, felt entertained throughout and didnt get bored of the selection.

wasn't mad keen on the last mix with Swordfish, but generally the technical ability outshone any imperfections or parts I didnt particularly enjoy (which were few and far between!)

Ill keep an eye peeled for your next installment

Salute fellow smith.

greetings fellow smith thanks for listening! :) safe for the positive feedback, as always much appreciated and glad you enjoyed the mix as a whole i put quite a lot of effort into track selection, glad it paid off. also glad you mentioned that swordfish error, to be fair it was so jarring to me i didn't wanna upload the mix, i know next time i'll just re-record until i get it right. and thanks i'll hold you to that when my next one comes around! :cool:

Nothing proper to do with the mix, but I see you picked up some Deep Focus! Big ups, Jack!

Get on this mix, people, its a banger. And its Teddy approved!

Back
Top Bottom