Random adverts

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So jumped online here earlier, and noticed that when I'm scrolling through and browsing a thread, some of us (including me) have now got little random ad's in our sigs?????

I know most of these types of sites need to have advertising on their sites in order to maintain, and I also know we've always had ad's in the top right of the page, but never seen them in our sigs before????

Is this a new thing?

The Google ads aren't new, they've been in place for years. The one above your signature (of the thread starter only) was previously below the first post. Unfortunately vBulletin changed the way adverts display and I've stuck it where it is for the time being, I will look at moving it back to under the first post as soon as I can.

I am trialling Skimlinks and I'm not sure if its much cop or not. I've not actually seen one as yet so I don't know how they integrate with users posts, or if they're annoying.

Either way adverts pay for server bills, license fees, and my time so they're most definitely here to stay, I will however try to keep them out of our way where I can.

Nothing wrong with the skimlinks so long a pop up doesnt come up when you hover over it.. And if you don't like it just don't click on it surely, then there shouldnt be a problem, unless you hate blue

Nothing wrong with the skimlinks so long a pop up doesnt come up when you hover over it.. And if you don't like it just don't click on it surely, then there shouldnt be a problem, unless you hate blue

Have you seen one on this forum yet? I've not seen one as yet!

i dont remember ads being under the first post either tho?
i thought they were just at the bottom of the thread

yeah man, seen 'chase and status' a few times, also when i read this thread earlier with that reply 'VBulletin' in your post was like it, not now though for some reason?

rorshach comes up a bit too with links to watchmen stuff, like muzz says though i'm sure people can avoid clicking on these links

The Google ads aren't new, they've been in place for years. The one above your signature (of the thread starter only) was previously below the first post. Unfortunately vBulletin changed the way adverts display and I've stuck it where it is for the time being, I will look at moving it back to under the first post as soon as I can.

I am trialling Skimlinks and I'm not sure if its much cop or not. I've not actually seen one as yet so I don't know how they integrate with users posts, or if they're annoying.

Either way adverts pay for server bills, license fees, and my time so they're most definitely here to stay, I will however try to keep them out of our way where I can.

A quick update, I've now made the advert appear under the first post like it used to.

i have deleted heaps of bots that havent been reported.
i think most dont get reported tbh

im inclined to say yes. however, ive been online a bit more than usual, so maybe im seeing more of the ones that the others usually delete.

im inclined to say yes. however, ive been online a bit more than usual, so maybe im seeing more of the ones that the others usually delete.

Will keep an eye on this then, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom