Starting out...

I suppose that's ok, if you are a lame broke-assed, shameless thief. Some of us aspire to greater things tho. Each to his own. When the original poster asked about starting out, I assumed he wanted to make a commitment and actually start, rather than dick around with stolen software and get bored after a few weeks when he realizes that this actually takes a lot of time and hard work. Lets not argue, there are many ways to do this, be glad that people take the time to share their opinions, listen to what everyone has to say, and in the end choose what you think is best.

Hey i'm not promoting getting cracked software, I'm simply saying some people get a few different DAWs which are cracked, find out which ones they prefer by that.
And when you choose the one you want, go and and buy it if you're going to use it.

Ok one thing I'd recommend is NOT to surf the web on the same PC you produce your music.

This means you wont start downloading or getting on the forums mid session. I've only been poducing for 10 months now and can find myself on the net mid session watching to YouTube tutorials and what not, this may seem harmless but Id suggest watching them before you and start your session -take notes and make comments, so you don't have to remember it in your head until you come to the point you need to use it.... trust me for a fellow beginner to a fellow beginner that is good advice.

---------- Post added at 05:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

Also finishing a track is far more important than getting it perfect.

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=672236&cache=30

Last edited:

Ok one thing I'd recommend is NOT to surf the web on the same PC you produce your music.

This means you wont start downloading or getting on the forums mid session. I've only been poducing for 10 months now and can find myself on the net mid session watching to YouTube tutorials and what not, this may seem harmless but Id suggest watching them before you and start your session -take notes and make comments, so you don't have to remember it in your head until you come to the point you need to use it.... trust me for a fellow beginner to a fellow beginner that is good advice.

---------- Post added at 05:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=672236&cache=30

I use the same pc for internet and music, and it's true, I do just open up the internet and end up on forums in the middle of a track.
Infact, I'm making a track right now, while on the forums. It just proves the point o.o

Last edited:
But if you have the option, get a MIDI controller, or three, get something with loads of buttons and knobs and sliders and things to touch and play with.

Yeah mate, that's the best to impress the girls :D

Search for a Midi Controller similar to the Evolution UC-33e. But something with a keyboard.

I suppose that's ok, if you are a lame broke-assed, shameless thief. Some of us aspire to greater things tho. Each to his own. When the original poster asked about starting out, I assumed he wanted to make a commitment and actually start, rather than dick around with stolen software and get bored after a few weeks when he realizes that this actually takes a lot of time and hard work. Lets not argue, there are many ways to do this, be glad that people take the time to share their opinions, listen to what everyone has to say, and in the end choose what you think is best.

bleaurghhh... surprised you could read this from way up there on your high horse! you telling me you have never taken anything without permission ever, in your life?

personally, i started on cracked fruity, realised i like it... went on to cracked ableton... so i don't see how you make this connection that if people use cracked they will work less hard (it's a cunt to find cracks!), and even if so... what if i had paid out 100's of £ on a DAW then decided i liked another?

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

i heard this... but the only reason for me not is processing power being robbed!

an artists work is never finished...

Limitations breed creativity: Sometimes the limitations of hardware are very inspiriting, helping you to focus on what's important.

We started out before the computer thing had really taken off and swore blind I would never use a PC... how things change! But I would not for one second give up the schooling hardware gave me. We took the plunge and bought an MPC 2000 and a 24:8 tascam desk, you could tell how dedicated we were because we had to get some builders to help us bump start the car! Using software has been second nature to me since. Reason is just like using hardware, making you think about the audio and control signals in a classic way. I rarely struggle with any software after making an MPC 2000 control faders on a yamaha 01V.

On the Sub Focus vids, glad to see we wern't the only one who got ripped off buying Carillion PC's! Paid stupid money for ours, now it sits all but an empty shell. Some awesome tips though, especially the snare frequency.

:gpeace:

Back
Top Bottom