Jungle Attitude

Junglist420

Recent,Breakage's Interviews was published in Japanese music site.
he is influenced from Jungle and glad that we will hear a bit of Jungle in his new album"Foundation".

but I read Breakage's Interviews in Knowledge
http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/features/breakage-interview
he is influenced from dub.

So I want to know that there is "Jungle Attitude" a kind of "Punk Attitude" in UK.
In Japan, some people think Jungle is not only Music Genre but Style.
Are such people in UK?

My mother language is not English.
Plain English would be appreciated if you could answer me.
thank you.

I can't speak for the UK, but as far as the term "Junglist" goes in the US it sounds very similar to Japan.

Most of the big raves out here are a mix of techno, trance, house, electro (sometimes dubstep now) and dnb. Junglists separate themselves from the "kandi kids" and are really only found in the DnB room. There is a term out here called "Jungle Punk" which kind of describes what the scene is like... Camo clothing, bad attitude and lots of partying is what being a "jungle punk" is all about (apparently).

Personally, I stay in tune to more of the UK music scene (US always follows suit eventually) so I'm really not into the tagging (spray painting walls), mosh pitting (fight/push dancing) or trying to be a badass. I'm more about the music which, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of individuals like myself out here.

Jungle or Drum and Bass is like 21st Centuary form of jazz. the producers make patterns and sounds that other producers bounce off. The scene used to be very deep, and underground. these days I would less so, and that you have big party raves, but more serious drum and bass fanatics probably go to smaller events that are more about the music . Hard ot say what sort of life a Junglist lives these days. It is musci of the streets, rebel music, but these days that seems diluted. I think I probably didn't answer your question, but to be honest, its hard ot answer.

I don't think Junglists can realy be pidgeon holed, no offence to the japanese or the americans, but they seem to feel the need to be identified by these things much more than anybody else, and adopt a whole new way of thought, as if they need to be part of something.
In Britain i guess a junglist is just somebody who's predomenant taste in music is jungle dnb, and they embrace it... some people live and breath it, but most dont have an "attitude", most just dress like normal people, and most are uusaly musicaly open minded, they just prefer dnb lol.

I don't think Junglists can realy be pidgeon holed, no offence to the japanese or the americans, but they seem to feel the need to be identified by these things much more than anybody else, and adopt a whole new way of thought, as if they need to be part of something.
In Britain i guess a junglist is just somebody who's predomenant taste in music is jungle dnb, and they embrace it... some people live and breath it, but most dont have an "attitude", most just dress like normal people, and most are uusaly musicaly open minded, they just prefer dnb lol.

Agreed.. for me 'junglist' just means that you like jungle/dnb..

Listen to Breakage's interview with Bailey from a few weeks back and this will all make a lot more sense.

Listen to Breakage's interview with Bailey from a few weeks back and this will all make a lot more sense.

Agreed.

Breakage's Interviews in Japanese music site was written as Jungle and Dubstep are actively interacting in UK.
i hear your opinions, What is the word "Jungle" is not used much prefer?
Currently, do you feel that Jungle Revival?

True ninenty's Jungle is pretty much gone man. There are still a lot of producers making Jungle-esque DnB tracks though.
Wouldn't say there's any real kind of "Jungle Attitude", more of a jungle scene that's loved and faithfully supported by those that know and adore it. As with any music scene, there are many different sects of style and taste, some more commercial than others, but on the whole the scene is probably more diverse and live now then it ever has been.
Dubstep has had a very big impact on DnB as well, but that's a story for another time and place. Hope this helps.

Jungle hasn't gone anywhere.

The likes of Equinox, Bizzy B, Stranjah, Fanu, Macc, Gremlinz, Paradox and Breakage keep that Junglist sound in their tracks up to this day with their drumfunk badness. Equinox is just a serious badman!

Jungle is just music, there's no dress code, no attitude that needs to be adopted, no secret handshake and no special dance moves. Like someone else said a junglist is just someone who predominantly listens to jungle music.

Thin n Crispy hit the nail on the head with the identity business. It's like this DnB Step/X Outing dance, it's serious business to some quarters of the DnB community.

Most of the junglists from the 90's are 30+ now and have a wife and kids. Doesn't stop them from loving the music though.

Jungle is a state of mind bro!! :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom