Jungle Warfare...wheres The Warfare???

daky

Well, me and my ravin buddies decided last night after seeing the line up for jungle warfare, that it would be a heavy night and we should maybe roll down the pier at about 10 just to let the crowd get to a good size for a boogie on the floor....As i walked through the halllway reminicsent of so many breakneck events gone by i stepped into the hall to see.........NO ONE there must of been bout 100 people if that inside and that includes security and staff.So we thought well, lets make good of a bad situation so decided to get on the floor and then the sound system...Oh the sound system about every 5 minutes you would hear a massive explosion noise like one of the speakers was about to blow they managed to sort it out in the end at the cost of playin the music as loud as my personal cd player....Not impressed at all...And niether were the MCs i had a quick chat wit Fatman who basically said "the night was a joke and hes there cos he gettin payed" which pretty much somes it up really...I think it goes to show that portsmouth wants fresh,and innovative quality! not quantity. who cares if there 100 MCs AND 50 DJs if theres not a system to hear them properly out of...I was in the small jungle room for a majority of my stay which i think personally was a lot fresher than the main room and had a much better system...If anyone else went whats your opinion of the night?maybe the promoter will learn a valuble lesson from this!!! :dutty: Shouts to sparKEE original jungle king and all others Gibber sarah lookin fine and all my crew...peace DAky

I was beginning to think this was a "more fights and aggro please" thread from the title
I'm sure you could fix that by serving buckfast at the bar

big up sparkee

all about paradox really, breakneck is cool aswell apart from that i dont really reach any other raves in south tho i will go to total eclipse a mate of mine is running next week.

Last edited:
daky said:
Well, me and my ravin buddies decided last night after seeing the line up for jungle warfare, that it would be a heavy night and we should maybe roll down the pier at about 10 just to let the crowd get to a good size for a boogie on the floor....As i walked through the halllway reminicsent of so many breakneck events gone by i stepped into the hall to see.........NO ONE there must of been bout 100 people if that inside and that includes security and staff.So we thought well, lets make good of a bad situation so decided to get on the floor and then the sound system...Oh the sound system about every 5 minutes you would hear a massive explosion noise like one of the speakers was about to blow they managed to sort it out in the end at the cost of playin the music as loud as my personal cd player....Not impressed at all...And niether were the MCs i had a quick chat wit Fatman who basically said "the night was a joke and hes there cos he gettin payed" which pretty much somes it up really...I think it goes to show that portsmouth wants fresh,and innovative quality! not quantity. who cares if there 100 MCs AND 50 DJs if theres not a system to hear them properly out of...I was in the small jungle room for a majority of my stay which i think personally was a lot fresher than the main room and had a much better system...If anyone else went whats your opinion of the night?maybe the promoter will learn a valuble lesson from this!!! :dutty: Shouts to sparKEE original jungle king and all others Gibber sarah lookin fine and all my crew...peace DAky

Yeah....I wasn't that pissed off...but the sound was jokes. Eksman and Herbsie were heavy, I'm glad they stayed for a while and had the mic at an audible level!! I don't think Mr Keith was impressed at all!! He sounded fucked off at the end! Still.......I enjoyed myself. Good company at least, and the bar was nice and accessible all night!! Big up teh Grinch as well, nice to be able to put a face to the name...PM me bro.
Apparently loads of people didn't bother going in because the news spread about the sound being whack...any truth to this?? :soap_box:

Re: ease up

daky said:

Mate i went to their last rave at the pier which was heavy from the start to the end and they had no problems wid the sound, though technical glitches happen. It waz a good night even if the sound system gave them problems all the artist turned up and performed. Why r u being such a hater for they did their best i've been to bear raves that have flopped and artist refuse to play out shit happens at least all their artist didnt refuse to play so the sound system werent that fucked for them to perform.

plus the smaller room was kicking wid phat tunes.

I spoke to and Fat Man D as he was there till the end when we were leaving and they seemed to be having a good time so duno why u think he was playing just for the money if that was the case he would have left as soon as he finished playing.

We should learn to make a good night out of bad situations and DONT BE A HATER AND instead you should GIVE THEM ENOUGH RESPECT FOR HOLDING SUCH A LINE UP SHAME THE SOUND LET THEM DOWN REALLY!! i also went to Phase 2 who also had the same problem wid the same sound system in room 1 instead i raved it up to herbaliser in room 2.

Re: ease up

lisa1 said:
Mate i went to their last rave at the pier which was heavy from the start to the end and they had no problems wid the sound, though technical glitches happen. It waz a good night even if the sound system gave them problems all the artist turned up and performed. Why r u being such a hater for they did their best i've been to bear raves that have flopped and artist refuse to play out shit happens at least all their artist didnt refuse to play so the sound system werent that fucked for them to perform.

plus the smaller room was kicking wid phat tunes.

I spoke to and Fat Man D as he was there till the end when we were leaving and they seemed to be having a good time so duno why u think he was playing just for the money if that was the case he would have left as soon as he finished playing.

We should learn to make a good night out of bad situations and DONT BE A HATER AND instead you should GIVE THEM ENOUGH RESPECT FOR HOLDING SUCH A LINE UP SHAME THE SOUND LET THEM DOWN REALLY!! i also went to Phase 2 who also had the same problem wid the same sound system in room 1 instead i raved it up to herbaliser in room 2.
:shit_happ Indeed it does i had an ok night in the end but...I was jus a lickle more than dissapointed that i payed almost 15 quid to have a rave longside bout 75 others and to a system that was more than incapable of playin drum n bass!!!So i dont think im bein a hater jus a raver with high expectations...Maybe thats wrong of me and i should shut up?Or maybe i shouldnt: i blaim Breakneck for puttin on such heavy raves!Or the sanctuary in MK where i used to rave and allways enjoyed myself to the maximo.Anyway its a new day and breakneck is jus around the ravin corner so big up.... :mr_cool: PEACE DAKY

easy,, sound (wat sound) personally how can the system b like that wen the last jw was sound in fat i see that i wasted my cash for shaw the best thing about the night was the r type set and ray kieth ..and fatman eks herbs and shortston they made the night ...wat happend to all of the speciall guest :thumbsd:

Well, you guys are tellin the peeps xactly wat wuz wrong with the nite, so in future they gonna b knowin wats up....

Hint to JW..... ask to borrow BN system!!! :D

oh...shit i just put up a thread asking what it was like!!! doh!

oh well i didnt go i was ill an shit! thats a shame man cos the crew that runs it is safe so im sure it all was just as gutting for them as it was for u lot! I was dubious about the hecticness of the line up....(remeber we want longer sets!) but apart from that it looked cool!

i cant believe that there was that few people there, there was ads everywhere for it even on groove's radio 1 show! oh well it goes to show ya!

there is a lesson here! ..somewhere!

i think its probably to do with ...quality not quantity (which i have mentioned on about 10 threads today!).

oh well!

i hope they try again cos the other jungle warfare was good! i hope they didnt lose too much cash!

Back
Top Bottom