T:M - Public Safety [WIP]

T:M

Dusty Techno Workout
VIP Junglist
Hey all,

I just recently decided to make myself a soundcloud account, so that I can get feedback on my music. I would like you're feedback/constructive criticism of a track I'm working on at the moment, it's my first real attempt at DnB, as what I usually make is House & Dubstep.

T:M - Public Safety [WIP]
I'm not too good with DnB subgenre's but I think that it would/could be classified as Liquid.

The half time intro is good, in my opinion once it 'drops' you don't need everything to go double time, yes the drums can but keep the melodies as they were, the feel from 44s is right, from 22s is not and it is too frantic there. The mixdown is weak on drums, and really the drums need to have an edgier sound currently they all sound very clean and 'out of the box'. The drum pattern itself is basic so add in some end of phrase fills similar to what you did before the final bars of the outro. Not a bad first attempt as structure is mostly good, musically is fair but some big impacts could be with drum work and mixdown.

Thanks on the input, I find it very helpful! I understand what you are saying about the drums being weak, and how it gets frantic when (I'm 50/50 on that, half the time I like the way it sounds and half the time I don't).

I know the track isn't terribly complicated, as I know shit about writing melodies (poking around until I get something that sounds good) and I usually get stuck in boring structural ruts.

As for how you say the drums sounding clean, you mean unprocessed/effected, correct? This is true, because I was trying to give the tune some laid-back/uplifting vibes and was afraid I'd mess it up if I did my usually process of whomping some distortion and overdrive on my drums as I usually do. Should I not be afraid to do this with this track?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom