CDJ 1000 vs. CDJ 400

Axle

What's the differences?? You see I have the choice of buying either of them as I can get them for the same prices. So basically I was wondering what the differences are, and which is better overall? Like what features does one have that the other doesn't?

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, completely forgot- these are 1000 MK 1's i'm on about here.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, but can anyone just shine a little light on why th 1000's are actually better? Remember these are MK1's I'm on about. Do they have all the same features as the 400's?

EDIT: Infact, it's bizarre, I'm finding it impossible to find any reviews or product descriptions of the mk1's anywhere on the net. It's like there was never any hype about them at all.. All i find when I search them into google are links to second hand sale's of them..

Last edited:
If their brand new then the 1000's, aint a whole lot a difference besides the size in the jog wheel and the 400 has some effects, mp3 support and usb capability. The sensitivity with the jog wheel's are probably different so probably wise to go for the 1000s if looking to play in clubs, but then again if their mk 2 or 3's in a club then their slightly different again. Personally id go for the 400s as it has more features, oh and and the mk1s have no track ID and the 400 does which is quite important unless you know your cd's!

Ok thanks for the info, seems to me that it doesn't quite add up. The 1000's seem to sound awful in comparison to the 400's, so i'll stick to getting the 400's. Plus I don't think I could get a profit for the MK1's for the price they are at, as the seller has already had trouble selling them to others at the same offer he gave me. But nice idea..

Still.. it does seem wierd how the 400's are better. The 1000 MK1's did come out after the 400's right? Infact, if someone would be as kind to write one out, I would really appreciate to see like a timeline of all the releases of the Pioneer CDJ's. I mean, I thought it was as simple as- the 400's came out, then the 800's, then the 900's, then the 1000's, and then the 2000's. But the specs of each of the decks just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Because if they were released in this order, then how come some of the newer models are worse than the previous models? It just doesn't seem logical to invest in a product that takes it back a step..

Woah don't ever assume that manufactures do things sensibly, the numbers have nothing to do with when they were released at all.

Imo in your case i'd get the 400s cos they aint guna devalue too much whereas the mk1 1000s will more then likely die pretty soon ;)

was speaking to a pal the oither day who p[lays out all the time and he said he wouldn't bovver wiv 1000's and get 400's

Yeah those 1000's mk1's where out before I cud ever care to DJ lol... 400's are much more recent. 900 and 2000 are the most recent additions I think.

Awsome. Yeah that's what I wondered- that the models where released in an order irrelivent to the numbers they have. Propper confuses me though! Still, as I said above, it would be really interesting, not to mention useful, to see a solid list timelining the orders they came out in. Is there one on the net anywhere anyone know? :P

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. I've gone and bought one 400 off the guy, gonna see what it's like and if I like it i'll buy another (I'm sure I will) :)

yeah i'm getting some 400s shipped over from america, worked out about 40% off the UK price

although the 1000s big jogwheel is tempting, the USB and MIDI compatability give the 400s the edge imo

400's are decent bits of kit I doubt you'll be dissapointed, had a quick go at work and although the jogwheels a little bit strange compared to the 1000's the rest of the unit is solid, and you've got your USB and Mp3 support like everyones mentioned, definately a better option than old 1000's I reckon.

^^ yeah spot on really. i had a 400 and they are perfect for small spaces and its good to get used to not using the jog wheel anyways. Pitch ride FTW!

yeah i'm getting some 400s shipped over from america, worked out about 40% off the UK price

although the 1000s big jogwheel is tempting, the USB and MIDI compatability give the 400s the edge imo

Yeah I looked at doing this, but didn't really want to get some and have to worry about converting the voltage all the time.. I'm sure they're fine, but I know i'd get paranoid and worry about someone plugging them into the mains raw and frying their ass :S

Yeah I looked at doing this, but didn't really want to get some and have to worry about converting the voltage all the time.. I'm sure they're fine, but I know i'd get paranoid and worry about someone plugging them into the mains raw and frying their ass :S

get a convertor?

beause the american companies are used to shipping over to europe, just ask them for 240v instead of 110 (I think thats american)

mine arrived on monday and came with both uk 3 pin and european 2 pin and are spot on

and as an added bonus the people I bought them put they were worth $50 each on the customs declaration, so I saved about £180 on import tax.

As for the actual decks, haven't had time to really test them fully but everything seems to work as well as the 1000s, and as I prefer to pitch ride, the smaller wheel isn't a problem

Back
Top Bottom