What are the best monitors I can get in my budget?

GoldnSilver

So I have £120 cos I'm a poor bastard and I want some monitors as I've heard they're better than an Amp + Speakers. These won't be for mixing as I don't have decks, they'll just be for listening to Drum n Bass from my trusty 1210. What am I looking at getting within my budget? Also, what's the difference between 'passive' and 'active' monitors? Thanks.

I got some Maudio ones when i had a tight budget, they did the job for the price and im still using them now as they have a flat response. Also got some Tapco-s8's, but use them for checking mixes etc
Passive means they are just speakers and you will need an amp to power them
Active means they have an amp built in each speaker and you wont need another external amp

Thanks once again ToungeFlap, I was just thinking about my set up, I literally want my Technics 1210 to go directly to the speaker, but then how would I control the volume etc? Would I need some sorta mixer between the speakers and Technic? Thanks.

not sure about those particular speakers but i have some rockits and there is a db controll on the back, i have them turned up as loud as i want them to go and controll the volumes from the mixers booth level!
or you can hook it up to the master volume on your mixer

Back
Top Bottom