Lethargik......Do you like liquid?

3xit

Hey, would love to get some feedback on my tunes

http://www.myspace.com/lethargik

Deep Blue Flames - Bit more chilled out, but danceable and quite a nice last drop too...

Distorted Disco - Daft Punk vibe dance floor tune, flick your lights on and off for strobe light effect....

If you decide to listen, pick the one your in the mood for! Then if you like it listen to the other one.... :D
if you don't like it tell me where i went wrong.... there is no escape :twisted:

drop a link and ill return the favour, and be as harsh as you like, i can take it :)

yeah the first tune is nice mate... cant say much bad about it tbh... its a nice style;

i think it would be too empty to go off in a dance, BUT it is very nice for home chilling out drum and bass if you know what i mean:)

good work man

cheers mate, i don't have monitors just yet so i'm being quite cautious abt clashing frequencies.... hence the emptyness

Distorted disco sounds pretty good man. The edits in the main sampled line can get a bit tedious to listen to when it sounds like it's bouncing around the place, if you relaxed it a little it would have much more groove.

I like the intro on the other one, very deep but it has the same problem with the stuttering melody for me.

Love the vibe on Distorted Disco, I'm down for chopped up kinda sounds so really digging this one. Maybe wetten up that piano sound that's panned left, give it some delay and maybe occasional 2 or 3 note chord?

Deep Blue Flames has a great intro, real mood building. Again, love the vox chops. :)

Keep it up!

i really like deep blue flames mate, distorted disco is good too.
i like the vibes the got going on and the samples and synths,
i thought my track was good but now listening to these i realise its not haha.
good stuff man!

Deep Blue Flames. liked the atmospheric intro, the first sets of beats sprinkling about sounded right, then the 1 bar amen break with the 1m26 moving filter got my attention but when it drops a bit flat tbh. The drums need more energy/attack and i think the bass n snare versus the hats is a bit 'disjointed' so not really feeling the groove. bass drum certainly needs a touch more volume. around 2m55s the 2nd breakdown builds and the atmosphere vibe is different to that of the intro, some strings are introduced which sound good but why not use them earlier, or at least drop the other melody, dont think you need to have a lot of melodies going on, try dropping melodies out to give extra impact to phrases of the track. overall the structure is sound and 'DJ friendly', for me the mixdown needs some work to make it less 'atmosphere' heavy.

Distorted Disco. bundles more energy than above but mixdown not right for me, needs more drums less instruments in the mix ! :) Again you using an amen break 'outside' the main phrases of the track and frankly they outshine the main drum work (which isn't bad in itself) but why not use the amen(s) throughout layered with your own drum work ?

Musical elements (piano, synths) are strong in both tracks but 'sometimes less is more' anyway obvious you know what you are doing from that respect but the mixdown isn't bringing the best out of the tracks.

Just my opinion ... your tracks sound way better than mine !

Last edited:
Deep Blue Flames. liked the atmospheric intro, the first sets of beats sprinkling about sounded right, then the 1 bar amen break with the 1m26 moving filter got my attention but when it drops a bit flat tbh. The drums need more energy/attack and i think the bass n snare versus the hats is a bit 'disjointed' so not really feeling the groove. bass drum certainly needs a touch more volume. around 2m55s the 2nd breakdown builds and the atmosphere vibe is different to that of the intro, some strings are introduced which sound good but why not use them earlier, or at least drop the other melody, dont think you need to have a lot of melodies going on, try dropping melodies out to give extra impact to phrases of the track. overall the structure is sound and 'DJ friendly', for me the mixdown needs some work to make it less 'atmosphere' heavy.

Distorted Disco. bundles more energy than above but mixdown not right for me, needs more drums less instruments in the mix ! :) Again you using an amen break 'outside' the main phrases of the track and frankly they outshine the main drum work (which isn't bad in itself) but why not use the amen(s) throughout layered with your own drum work ?

Musical elements (piano, synths) are strong in both tracks but 'sometimes less is more' anyway obvious you know what you are doing from that respect but the mixdown isn't bringing the best out of the tracks.

Just my opinion ... your tracks sound way better than mine !

I see what you mean abt the drums, i have worked on more tracks since then though, and have definitely improved :P

In my tracks i like to have progression, something people maybe can look forward to the end, with all the elements culminating as you listen through the track, i guess its quite subjective but thanks very much everyone for the feedback

just been featured on the skankandbass youtube channel :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom