Dimenzion-x : Back door Trojan

lol people are gits for feedbacking. Will check this later on man and get back to you, at work at the mo :(
also I will get those samples to you soon, for some reason they dont wanna zip :/

had a quick listen. hats sound crisp, but imo the kick and snare need some more finetuning. liking the bass and the glitches tho!

imo you got mixdown issues once again. the mids overpower the snare at times, and you cant hear them glitch-melody-sounds that well. think id turn down the mids of the basssounds to gain a more cleaner sound and to get it more atmospheric.

nice work on the riff and layout/arrangement on this one! big ups.

i like the sounds definatly, the intros great.. those fading sort of vocals and pad sound really deep

the beat sounds disconnected again to me tho... got a nice old school roller feel to it but some components are too seperated, the kick seems just way to low, and then youve got those extremely high passed high hats whispering around again doin there own thing but not really connected with the main beat.

besides that the bass synth sounds great... really quite a mean vibe on it which sounds wicked...

like last time i think this tune has alot of potential if you sort the mix a bit and pull the beat together to make it tighter! nice vibes :)

Yeah I'm shit at the mix side of things, one of the many flaws of headphones. But now you've bought it to my attention I'll go back later and rectify them.

Thanks guys

I don't think the mixdown is that bad, (from what I can hear on my speakers :) ) the kick could be a lot louder imo
nice synth, nice bassline.. don't know what else to say besides that I liked it :)

Considering you Mixdown on Headphones... I've decided I'll simply give feedback on the tune since we both know you'd do better with some proper speakers for Mixdown work.

The track is badass.. driving, spacey, and full of energy. The change up at 2:30ish is appreciated. Fire... nice and simple, but hard hitting.. not much else to say.. I like all the sounds used and the sequencing is on point.

Honestly... I'd put this one to the side and leave it as is until you get a hold of some solid speakers to Mix this down on. No sense in you fumbling around for ages trying to nail a mix in headphones (imo).

:jamon!:

Appreciate the honesty Protoplasym. Yeah I hate the fact I have to mixdown on phones, it sucks balls! But I try to take everything on board, and adjust it as best I can, so if you have any pointers like Lucid has given me then I really do appreciate them......I dont take negativity to heart, I use it as a positive.

Like I'm starting to realise now that when hats sound good and spot on in my phones, they generally sound too hi passed to everyone else. So from now on when I get the hats sounding right to me, I'm then gonna drop the high end a little to compensate. Also when the volume of the snares sound good to me, I'm gonna up it by a db or 2 because I've been told a couple of times now that the volume could be upped a little, in a couple of my tracks. This is all from the feedback I have recieved on this forum, and a pattern thats beginning to emerge in my mixdowns. So the more detailed feedback I can get the better.

Yeah I think you can do a reasonable job on headphones if you get to know them well like you say. Do you get a chance to play your tunes on any other systems? (car, hifi, ipod etc) Definitetly a good way of cross checking.

Anyway, I've had a few listens now and I must say it's growing on me a bit. Every time I hear the intro it makes me think of Prodigy for some reason.

I think Lucid's on point with the kick being low and the hats. With the hats you could just try an eq sweep to find their sweet spot down in the midrange and try giving a boost there.

Also the bass that comes in at 1:45 and 3:19 seems a bit loud. It sounds good but it squashs things for my ears.

Cool tune.

Yeah I have a soundcloud app on my iPhone that I listen to them on. Plus I have the mp3 format on there too for comparison. I also take them round to my friends studio once every two to three weeks to listen to them on his monitors.

sequence arrangement works fine for me. drum work is good, a touch more variance won't hurt. moody, industrial vibe i like to listen to as a 'genre' sometimes but i don't buy or play it. I don't like bass sound or riff though, and i think maybe too loud in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom