User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rinsed [ richie stix ] peanut butter - jump up!

an almost complete track... the intro will probably not be to many peoples taste, but oh well!

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix/richie-stix-peanut-butter

feedback & advice appreciated!

link updated

UPDATED FOR 2011!
    Last edited by richie_stix; 20-05-2011 at 14:07.

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [ richie stix ] peanut butter - jump up!

lovin the intro samples... so classic!
    yeah well constructed track mate good layout,
    the beat sounds gd aswell just feel it could be a bit more punchy? it sounds flat in the mix, altho it sounds liek a nice beat

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gotta tell me how

Nice track mate!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, you got to put some more time into the mixdown me thinks. snare sounds too dull, kick is missing that OHMP needed, and your bass needs to be more prominent aswell. apart from that you got it. maybe some fx would be neat aswell.

good work!

edit: i not necessarily meant the sub, more the bass sounds, sub could be bigger tho - altho when i turn it up the midrange is fine, so that could maybe just be me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers guys... mixdown is a problem since i don't own monitors!... so a bit more 'life' in the beats is needed then?

and fx i would love to put in but i am retarded at them! i can't get those 'laser' like sounds ever to sit right!

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'like the synth bass mate!
    and like they said the beat need more punch! already soundz good man but it could give to your track this little jump thing.. compressors and eq's could be helpfull here but without speaker thats gonna be harder!
    safe man @++

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joakuim View Post
    'like the synth bass mate!
    and like they said the beat need more punch! already soundz good man but it could give to your track this little jump thing.. compressors and eq's could be helpfull here but without speaker thats gonna be harder!
    safe man @++
    i know man... i need to bounce the drum tracks to audio and then eq and compress to suit, and same with the b-line and then merge together...

this has just a touch of eq & compression over the master track.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intro is sweet man, think you could bring out the piano more, the stab comes through quite clear but would be wicked to hear more of the other stuff in there. i like the drums, stick together nicely. synth is clear and gnarls not so fussed on the melody but then again i dont listen to much jump up tbh. cant remember what this track sounded like before but its sweet how it is now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for the input... unfortunately the paino and stabs are part of the same sample, maybe a touch of skilled eq'ing might bring them out somewhat?

tbh. cant remember what this track sounded like before but its sweet how it is now
    very much the same, i have just played with the compressors, eq,s levels etc to make it crisper & more importantly LOUDER!

I've been naughty, I'm banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is ridiculiosly good...... MUCH better than many released tune.Respect... I was proud today becose of tune I made but compared to yours its boring lame crap... I am jealous.

Can you please tell me about oscilators and wave types you used? what software do you use? thanks

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

just listened all your tunes... man,you are next DJ Pleasure

only thing that I know will make your tunes better is more samples,make it more story like...even after drop,some movie dialoge or trippy sounds.. I still cant believe how good you are,now I will work on my skill even harder

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa... safe mate, really brightened up my day!

totally agree about the samples/sfx thing... it's something i've been struggling with, they always sound 'stapled' on, but now i think i have got the handled through reverb & delay so i'm going back over my old tracks and working them in!

oscilator wise, i use the operator synth in ableton... normally a couple of square waves and a sin or saw thrown in sometimes? a touch of overdrive/distortion/saturation too and maybe some compresion and definately some eq... but to get 'my sound', it's just a case of experimenting with lfo. for example, some stabs at 1/4 rate give a more punchy feel over a 1/3 (assuming the notes you are hitting 1/4 bar)... i normally fuck around with this till i'm happy?

by the way, most stuff i do is accidental!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richie_stix View Post
    whoa... safe mate, really brightened up my day!

totally agree about the samples/sfx thing... it's something i've been struggling with, they always sound 'stapled' on, but now i think i have got the handled through reverb & delay so i'm going back over my old tracks and working them in!

oscilator wise, i use the operator synth in ableton... normally a couple of square waves and a sin or saw thrown in sometimes? a touch of overdrive/distortion/saturation too and maybe some compresion and definately some eq... but to get 'my sound', it's just a case of experimenting with lfo. for example, some stabs at 1/4 rate give a more punchy feel over a 1/3 (assuming the notes you are hitting 1/4 bar)... i normally fuck around with this till i'm happy?

by the way, most stuff i do is accidental!
    if these tunes are product of accident then you are probably luckiest living organism ever born in all known universe.But I dont believe it,you simply have big talent,creative fantasy,sharp rhythm sense and skill with synths & layering.How old are you? Do you have Reason 4?? That Peanut butter ( I love peanut butter,after herbal session I eat half kilo of that stuff like nothing ) have so sweet bassline,If I heard it from DJ Pleasure I would think about it as some fresh unreleased dubplate killa.... that sub is so clean & tight... did you use less LFO amount on sub compared to middle wobble? how about distortion?? I am making music more than year but didnt figured out how to put distortion into sub and keep it punchy and clean like pure sine wave.

If you want kick ass zombie and other psycho samples,I can send you about 200mb of wav samples from game called Typing of The Dead,its golden mine of jump up samples
    Last edited by d.o.b; 18-05-2010 at 12:15.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24 mate... to be honest, been pissing around with it since my 20's but it's only since late 2009 & 2010 that i have pulled my socks up and got on the case! i use purely ableton, i find using to many synths/vsts/plugins stifles overkill... by using less things, you know them inside out, and have to get more creative.

don't have reason 4... but imo all DAWs are as good as each other, it's how ya use em

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richie_stix View Post
    24 mate... to be honest, been pissing around with it since my 20's but it's only since late 2009 & 2010 that i have pulled my socks up and got on the case! i use purely ableton, i find using to many synths/vsts/plugins stifles overkill... by using less things, you know them inside out, and have to get more creative.

don't have reason 4... but imo all DAWs are as good as each other, it's how ya use em
    would you be so good and give me your opinion about my production? its very early prototype

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast