time to make way for the new blood

guernseydub

been to a few raves in the last couple of months and after listening to maybe about 20 or so different sets by the big dj's it has made me realise that they aint all that great i wont name any names but it seems certain dj's just dont have the heart in it anymore all they thinking bout is the $$$ the only dj i,ve seen recently that looks promising is friction the annoying thing is if you got a up and coming dj who had the same tunes and mixed better as the top dj he wouldnt pull a bigger crowd than the top dj what a load of shit!!!! SORRY for ranting on im just pissed of for spending my hard earned cash on going to raves and seeing some half arsed dj putting no real effort into a mix rewinding every other tune just so it takes up his hour that little bit quicker

the reason there are crap djs is because most of them are producers and dont make enuff money makin tunes so they go out djin to earn a bit of xtra cash :shrug: thats the way it is im afraid.

Reckon you would all be the same if you djed
out as much as those guys !

Everyone has days when they dont want to
mix even if theres money at the end of it !

You gotta remember that some dj's are really
startin' to get on now, I reckon the likes of
Groove, Fabio, Mickey finn, are at least 45yrs
old & have been with this music before it was
even known as Drum & Bass.

So yeah maybe it is time for some new blood
on the scene !

As for too many rewinds i blame shite mc's that
have fuck all else to say but...
WHO WANTS A REWIND, on tunes that are just
average. It totally ruins the flow of a good set !

:ban:

guernseydub said:
been to a few raves in the last couple of months and after listening to maybe about 20 or so different sets by the big dj's it has made me realise that they aint all that great i wont name any names but it seems certain dj's just dont have the heart in it anymore all they thinking bout is the $$$ the only dj i,ve seen recently that looks promising is friction the annoying thing is if you got a up and coming dj who had the same tunes and mixed better as the top dj he wouldnt pull a bigger crowd than the top dj what a load of shit!!!! SORRY for ranting on im just pissed of for spending my hard earned cash on going to raves and seeing some half arsed dj putting no real effort into a mix rewinding every other tune just so it takes up his hour that little bit quicker

If you're fed up with spending your hard earned cash on crap DJs then do something about it and don't go and hear them, go and support some up and coming talent instead (y)

It's all very well saying you want to hear new DJs but things will never change while people go to the same old raves with the same old crappy DJs because their is no incentive for the promoters to try anything different.

bad ace inc. said:
the reason there are crap djs is because most of them are producers and dont make enuff money makin tunes so they go out djin to earn a bit of xtra cash :shrug: thats the way it is im afraid.

No, the reason there are crap DJs is because most people would rather hear a name they know play than a name they don't know. This is the only reason people like Twisted Individual or Distorted Minds get DJ gigs, because they are already known for their production. Of course there are millions of better DJs out there than these people but the majority of ravers haven't heard of them so aren't interested.

:soap_box: :D

Last edited:
I agree.

There are so many sick DJs out there, who just don't get the publicity. Also, the average listener of the music :scally: , are blinded by the line ups constantly portraying people like Brockie, etc etc. They think these guys are sick cos they have had the wool pulled over their eyes, but really, people like Brockie (respect to him and all) wouldn't even be in the top 10 DJs in Portsmouth if you didn't know it was him who did the set. It's all, sadly, based on the name.

:ban:

V Matt said:
No, the reason there are crap DJs is because most people would rather hear a name they know play than a name they don't know. This is the only reason people like Twisted Individual or Distorted Minds get DJ gigs, because they are already known for their production. Of course there are millions of better DJs out there than these people but the majority of ravers haven't heard of them so aren't interested.

well i was rite then wasnt i lol u have jus explained it in a different way.

scally.gif
<-- hahahaha.. sick smilie

xactly. jus cos ur a gd producer doesnt mean ur a gd DJ. promoters arent willin 2 get DJs who ppl avnt heard of at a rave cos the ravers wont go. its fukd up!

DJ Lordward said:
xactly. jus cos ur a gd producer doesnt mean ur a gd DJ. promoters arent willin 2 get DJs who ppl avnt heard of at a rave cos the ravers wont go. its fukd up!

True, it's definately not just the promoters fault

In New Zealand it's still mostly who you know, I got an offer to mix out one night after i'd been mixing for 2 months :crazy:

The city i live in cranks, i went into town today and every store i went in (including clothing stores and a foodmart) was playing d&b. Most the dj's around few people have heard of, but stick d&b on the flyer and people will flock to it :2thumbs: So it's more down to who you know putting on a gig or how good you are at setting them up than the names.

Unless concord dawns in town. Dillinja a few weeks ago, Shapeshifter tonight and Bad Company next weekend. Doin pretty well for ourselves aye :banana:

guernseydub said:
fucking hell he even has his trousers tucked into his socks :lol_board

That smiley is the spitting image of any boy in my area :twitch:.

BAN HAZARD from DJ'n. please. before i go mad. :-x

HEIST said:
bring on the new tallent :twisted:

Haha, Way to toot your own horn buddy. But truly i've kissed your ass enough and will keep on cause you are very talented and have more style than any other upcoming producers (even more than a lot of big names!).

LEAD THE PACK HOMEBOY!!!

......and release some of your shit fer god sakes

Back
Top Bottom