Perfect pitch/relative pitch

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
I'd like to know if anyone here has perfect pitch. I myself am on this one course to get me there, and if you all want I could help you get perfect pitch, not that I do have it.

we're doing a bunch of ear training drills right now in my critical listening class.
pretty cool. i have wondered about that actual "perfect pitch" program on tv tho.

thats a mission!

I had to do some of the frequency training tho, random noises, white & pink noise...

I used to have perfect pitch for one octave, E2-E3, when I used to play guitar properly, I could hear a note an correspond it to a fret on the bottom E string.

Can't do it anymore, but gonna get back into ear training, because I need to relearn all the intervals etc. and it can be really useful

Having perfect pitch it a fucker believe

You hear anything that is slightly out, can be a nightmare when watching live bands and such :(

what is this 'perfect pitch' people are refering to? is it something akin to tuning your kick drum pitch to meat your first bass note?

I know professional musicians who have trained their whole life and never able to get 'perfect pitch' It can be trained, but not taught...

Its more of a gift...

your better off walking round with a tuning fork after learning 'cadences'. Then you can just about work out any note or key.

A cadence is the distance between the set of notes or chords...ie C to G is a major 5th.

your better off walking round with a tuning fork after learning 'cadences'. Then you can just about work out any note or key.

A cadence is the distance between the set of notes or chords...ie C to G is a major 5th.
Had to learn all of this for a theory exam, so to correct your explaination :teeth:

Cadences are always chords, single notes are merely intervals. Your example C to G being a major fifth is an interval not a cadence.

The order the chords are played dictates the specific cadance and describes the harmonic link between the two chords, eg:

If a chord progression changes from A flat major to E flat major, it is a movement of IV-I, therefore a plagal cadence.

E flat example

I - E Flat Major
II - F Minor
III - G Minor
IV - A Flat Major
V - B Flat Major
VI - C Minor
VII - D Diminished

Had to learn all of this for a theory exam, so to correct your explaination :teeth:

Cadences are always chords, single notes are merely intervals. Your example C to G being a major fifth is an interval not a cadence.

The order the chords are played dictates the specific cadance and describes the harmonic link between the two chords, eg:

If a chord progression changes from A flat major to E flat major, it is a movement of IV-I, therefore a plagal cadence.

E flat example

I - E Flat Major
II - F Minor
III - G Minor
IV - A Flat Major
V - B Flat Major
VI - C Minor
VII - D Diminished

yeah i know all this bro...i was tryin to keep it as simple as poss for some of the not so musically trained members...

Used to hate theory back in the day...

Back
Top Bottom