12/02/10 :: Deviate : ALIX PEREZ @ WHQ (Newcastle)

deviatemusic

22566_263155887385_504567385_4401310_3419078_n.jpg

FACEBOOK EVENT: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=262144765691

FACEBOOK GROUP: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2354212242

UPSTAIRS @ WHQ :: THE USUAL SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING WHQ GROOVE
****£5 Before 11:30 Then £6 members & £7 guests****

DOWNSTAIRS @ WHQ :: Deviate presents: ALIX PEREZ
**** £7 Adv / or you can pay on the door ****

Deviate are proud to present the return of Alix Perez...

Originally from Charleroi, Belgium. Currently based in North London, his music is characterised as liquid funk, released on labels such as Hospital Records, Liquid V, Bassbin, Creative Source, Horizons, Progress, Brigand, Shogun Ltd, Fokuz and Soul:R.

Alix is one of the most prolific DJ's and producers in the Drum & Bass scene, describing his DJing style as; "eclectic. I play generally deep but dip into various aspects of drum & bass. I like to read the crowd and let the music breathe. I find mixing in the right musical keys essential. I basically see it as a journey."

Testament to his hard work and epitomizing what he's all about; Alix recently stole the front cover on ATM Magazine in a feature on the "Leaders of the Nu Skool" of Drum & Bass...

His 2009 album '1984' on Shogun Audio has been met with great critical acclaim - whilst keeping a firm eye on the dance floor, Alix impressed critics by including dubstep, hip hop and downtempo tracks executed in typical Perez finesse. 1984 as an album album reaches out of the genre whilst keeping in touch with the minimal style he is acclaimed for.

The overall sound of the album is minimal and often techno, and yet Perez gives a feeling of deep emotion and soul which helps retain the level of funk found in most of his tracks and for which he has gained his reputation. For any drum n bass listener '1984' brings a whole new dimension to the genre.

Expect to hear the freshest sounds from the undisputed shining star of Drum & Bass today.

SUPPORT FROM

SPALEC
CAPO ULTRA
MIKE JONES

HEAR :: PANGEA SOUNDSYSTEM
SEE :: VISUALS BY TONY UNDERGROUND
DRINK :: £2 DOUBLE SMIRNOFF VODKA!!

**IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT**

Deviate tickets allow entry to both floors of WHQ – With wristband provided on entry.

WHQ tickets only allow entry to upstairs

**IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT** **IMPORTANT**

22566_263155877385_504567385_4401309_7444073_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom