How did you get your dj/producer/artist name?

ilovelondon

Call me Jens.
VIP Junglist
This is something i'm really interested in. It's crazy where people get their artist name from sometimes.
So speak up, what has been the thing that enlightened you, and gave your work a name?

cheers

Spliff has been a nickname for me since high school, seeing as how I hung with the stoner crew. So I thought that if I ever needed a DJ name that I would just go by DJ Spliff. Honestly I guess my name on here should just be Spliff becuase I have never palyed out,so I don't know If I've really earned that title.

well my name is simon cleary and im not very imaginative so u can guess the rest:D

back when i wer a lad.
I wer quite into that grime malarky, and a friend of mine decided to call me kingz because i can be incredibly stubborn and arrogant like a king. Kind of......

But yeah, i like it. :)

Spliff has been a nickname for me since high school, seeing as how I hung with the stoner crew. So I thought that if I ever needed a DJ name that I would just go by DJ Spliff. Honestly I guess my name on here should just be Spliff becuase I have never palyed out,so I don't know If I've really earned that title.

why not man, dj spliff... Doesn't make a difference to me. 'spliff' is what it's all about.

back when i wer a lad.
I wer quite into that grime malarky, and a friend of mine decided to call me kingz because i can be incredibly stubborn and arrogant like a king. Kind of......

But yeah, i like it. :)

yeah, i thought it was nice when i first saw your username too. don't know what about it, but it sounds... :)

DnBKings Avatar is what always catches my eye. Reminds me of the Lawnmower Man. If you've ever seen that movie. Isn't it from an old ass Dr. Pepper commercial?

cos im a motha fucking PIMP

nah, pimp has been my nickname for years. good with the ladys etc.

dirty, i just thought it sounded ok

tbh i think my dj names pretty lame, but ive decided to stick with it all the same.

WHEN I WAS DE YOUTMAN, I FELL INTO THE HIP HOP/B-BOY CULTURE. WHICH INCLUDED WRITING GRAFITTI DJING & AND ALL ROUND B BOY MOVEMENT, THEN HIP HOP TURNED TO SHIT IN THE DAYS OF PUFFY ETC... SO I BOUGHT MY FIRST DNB RECORD (PESHAY - PREADETOR) ...ummm

so yea, my dj names comes from graffiti, a name ive had since i was like 13

needed a name for a flyer and someone said "excuses" on tv as i was on the phone trying to think of a name, also happened to be very apt haha.

What's the story behind your dancing guy sig Pimp? It always captivates me the way that guy is dancing. Is it a gay rights march or something?

Techno Viking does not approve of your bullshit.

technoviking.jpg

Back
Top Bottom