piano roll in fl studio help?

Code:Red

Defiant
VIP Junglist
Hi, i was just getting into putting a track together and somehow when i use the piano roll the last bar just sits over the next phrase so it has to play the 2 phrases instead of the 1. if i shorten it a smidge its then too short and doesnt play the entire phrase and if i make it a smidge bigger it goes onto playing the next phrase.
Don't know if it makes any sense but if anyone could would be great!
Thanks! x

just switch off the grid and make it the perfect size, like a mm before the next line, and it shouldnt go off. hope this helps..

Hi mate, havnt seen you around here for a while.

Yeah it's pretty simple to sort out. When you open the piano roll, there are options in the top left corner. I think the one on the far right looks like a mini grid. Click that and you'll get a drop down list, select none, then you can move your hit left or right freely without it snapping to the line of the grid. But make sure to set it back to "line" afterwards otherwise you may start putting stuff in which will be slightly off beat.

Hope this helps.

Hi mate, havnt seen you around here for a while.

Yeah it's pretty simple to sort out. When you open the piano roll, there are options in the top left corner. I think the one on the far right looks like a mini grid. Click that and you'll get a drop down list, select none, then you can move your hit left or right freely without it snapping to the line of the grid. But make sure to set it back to "line" afterwards otherwise you may start putting stuff in which will be slightly off beat.

Hope this helps.

Ye i no been a quite a while. thing is, i moved house a few weeks ago and haven't had the internet for a while. only got back on it a couple of days ago. good to be back :) thanks for the help mate, that sorted it in one! :)

Back
Top Bottom