The S.P.Y appreciation thread

alz

compress to impress
VIP Junglist
OK, this guy has really been tearing it up for me, whether it's with Marky, Total Science, whoever or just by himself, he's just got that midas touch at the moment, to my ears anyway. Gotta show my love!

Also, CRASH, RIDE, CRASH, RIDE, CRASH, RIDE, CRASH, RIDE - FUCKING LOVE IT, it actually makes me move, its uncontrollable.

he has certainly found a sound that has hit it off at the moment, but for me he has already gotten a bit stale.. maybe a case of too much at once.

obsession is indeed a big tune. ASBO EP does nicely too (mainly for Moving in Circles & Slum Dub) but the whole ep is quality. Eagerly awaiting riff raff!

come with some big tunes this year, definatley found his feet in the scene now. 2010 gonna be interesting

spy is defently my producer of the year most of his tunes have been amazing and its no suprise that he has shot up the ranks of drum and bass with tunes like slum dub, like a dream, asbo, dark age, sunshine, dark corners fuck the list is endless, plus he's co-labs with total science are nuts so deep and grimey but then is co-labs with marky and happy so the man is versitile big things should come from him in 2010

yea really feeling him in the second half of this year. beginning of the year not so much...but hes come a long way

Yeh, i think his collaborations have totally brought him out of his shell as a producer and just added a necessary dynamic he needed.

I find him very hit and miss. When he gets it right it's fucking spot on. Like the ASBO EP and that new track Dark Age... but then a some of his tunes sound very very similar with only minor differences.

Still, sick producer, no questions there.

Nice guy too. Has always answered my questions on myspace:D

same here too..i heard a remix of 'zapp - computer love' that he did on one of redeyes' mixes so i asked him if he planned on releasing it..he replied the next day...sadly he said that it was solely for him and had no intentions of releasing it :nono:

Back
Top Bottom