Work in Progress - In need of feedback

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Hi guys and gals, hoping you can give me your valuable feedback on this piece.

It's currently a work in progress and is nowhere near finished, however, I ask for your feedback at this time because I'm trying something new. I'm trying to create a real chillout vibe, A DnB track thats more for kicking back to, rather than pure dirt and grit!

I guess it would be a chillout, minimal liquid style if you wanted to throw it into a genre????

Anyway, this snippet is about 2 minutes long, about 16 bars into the 1st drop. I need to play around with the bass levels after the drop, but any other hints, tips, pointers would be hugely appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/distant-memories-work-in-progress

Well, I reckon the drums just drop in too abruptly at the beginning, and later on I think the pads could come up a bit and be expanded upon.
Not convinced that those two chords can carry the whole song.
Good luck with it.:gpeace:

Yeah I need to work an intro onto it at some point. I also plan on adding various changes into the chords too. I'm just struggling to find the right sounds to fit with the style.

I also would agree that the drums come in too abruptly... maybe have a reversed sound lead into that 1 to help break the ice... or double the intro, and have the 2nd looped part of that lead intro coupled with some hats.

I love the bass and the piano... both are working well for me and = a very laid back listen.

should be really nice when it's done

I actually used a reverse drumloop to come into a drop in my last tune so didnt really want to go that way again just yet, although I guess it would suit the track. I definately need to work on an intro so I'll throw a few ideas in there and see which works best.

A laid back listen is the exact mood I'm after, so I guess I'm heading in the right direction. :)

Hows the mixdown side of things sounding? coz I'm on headphones so cant quite tell right now.

sounding nice man. not sure i could say much is wrong with it but i didnt really think the wobble suited it, it was really laid back track but the wobble made it cheesy i think

you know when the snare kicks in after the first bar after the drop in tunes? it makes a liquid tune roll into a higher level, thats my view, just a mixer view rather tahn a producer view, more snare, n more rollin bass. quality production tho, thats what makes me buy tunes that have the liquid vibe, keepin that chill, but still viable on the dancefloor, keep up the good work. :)

I found the drum drop perfectly fine, just sprinkle some FX fills to hype it. Wobble is a little too much, maybe get rid of the high notes. Sounds good so far..

Thanks for the feedback guys, i really do appreciate it. Not quite sure what was meant by the snare after the 1st drop comment, didnt really understand what you meant, sorry.

Will maybe lose the wobble bass and go with a smooth rolling sub similar to whats in the intro

hat rhythm is nice they sound a bit toppy though

can see what your going for with this

it works....

Like to see where you go with it

Will need to add alot of under lying synths etc that work with the keys to really fill it out

I actually used a reverse drumloop to come into a drop in my last tune so didnt really want to go that way again just yet, although I guess it would suit the track. I definately need to work on an intro so I'll throw a few ideas in there and see which works best.

A laid back listen is the exact mood I'm after, so I guess I'm heading in the right direction. :)

Hows the mixdown side of things sounding? coz I'm on headphones so cant quite tell right now.

Overall, solid. If you wanna be pedantic, maybe the KD is a smidge too loud (maybe by a DB), SD could come up a DB and Sub down a DB... dunno... sounds pretty good on my headphones as is here at work.

Hey, I posted a new track, would appreciate your feedback Mr. Fletch :D

Back
Top Bottom