Pendulum play Wembley...

Saw Pendulum once at Battle of the MC's quite a few years back, weren't that bad either. But all the guitar etc etc stuff isn't up my street. Reminds me of having to see 'TC Live' @ Ministry a couple of years back....haven't laughed that hard for a while.

Saw them at nass last year, wasn't bad to watch but got a bit boring after a while. Seen much better live bands.

supporting slipknot.... blimey, that is a far reach from the pop-n-bass image i remember them for.

Review of last night's show that kind of gets into how they became a metal band.... http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.ph...=2704:pendulum-wembley-arena-review&Itemid=27

For many, as the drum'n'bass scene lost touch with its early 1990s roots in London's black music community, the description of its increasingly unfunky beats as resembling heavy metal was considered an insult. But Pendulum seized on this similarity, and noting the way that electronic acts like The Prodigy and Nine Inch Nails were connecting to rock audiences worldwide, they crafted a sound that has become more popular than pretty much any of their drum'n'bass contemporaries.

They are clearly sophisticated musicians, but in every track, Pendulum are about pressing every possible button to get adrenalin flowing. This is the music the Futurists dreamed of. Their cover version of The Prodigy's “Voodoo People” (a track they remixed in 2005) sums it up: every synth sound - played by Rob Swire (pictured left) on a synth/guitar hybrid - is like a klaxon, every bass note an explosion, every drum rhythm a collective panic attack.

god. fuck off.

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Review of last night's show that kind of gets into how they became a metal band.... http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.ph...=2704:pendulum-wembley-arena-review&Itemid=27

its not metal. its pop music. ok? ok.

Last edited:
pendulum are rat shit. bit of a tarnish on an otherwise fantastic perth dnb scene. of course hold your colour had some AMAZING liquid tunes on it (still grey, girl in the fire, sounds of life etc.), but that just adds to the frustration of anyone who experienced them getting worse and worse and worse.

the only good song on that new album is the in flames colab, which pretty much sums up that they are a metal/pop band.

Thats what you get for going to V Festival you big gaylord ;)

I saw them at Download and supporting Slipknot and Marilyn Manson.. that was mosh tastsic...

I doubt it, all the Hatebreed and Devil Driver fans wouldve left the arena by then.

Back
Top Bottom