Got a new dub cut...

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Safe peeps i got my newest dub cut and mastered at transitions on wednesday, aint had one cut in months and am propa happy with the way it turned out so i wanted to share :)

If you wanna have a listen ive recorded it and uploaded it to my soundcloud account

www.soundcloud.com/djfreek

Got it cut just in time to include in my set on 17th so am propa happs bout it.

Saaaaafffeeeee

Last edited:
Yeeh i was guna get mine cut there. How much did it end up costing you? The list they sent me said £180 for a 12". But it was like £60 for a dub. I swear dubs arnt long lasting though. like 50-60 plays on average.

What tunes you get cut?

yea, i got a dub cut for £50. yea it will only last for about 50-60 plays but i just cant afford to get a master vinyl cut for £180 lol. as long as its good enuff to play out then im happy.

I got cut-
Freek - Grouch Bass
Freek - Are You Ok?

are you ok is one of my favourite tunes ive made but havnt been able to afford getting it cut for ages so bein able to include it in my sets is amazing.

yea, i got a dub cut for £50. yea it will only last for about 50-60 plays but i just cant afford to get a master vinyl cut for £180 lol. as long as its good enuff to play out then im happy.

I got cut-
Freek - Grouch Bass
Freek - Are You Ok?

are you ok is one of my favourite tunes ive made but havnt been able to afford getting it cut for ages so bein able to include it in my sets is amazing.

Yeh i was tempted with a dub but couldnt get a tune knowing im guna get 50-60 plays. Might have to save for the master vinyl.

fair play mate, i was on a tight shedule aswell so didnt have the time to save up lol.
Did you have a listen?

ive had a few vinyl done there but the mastering doesnt even come close to the skills of the technician at transitions. also i get to be there and have a musical input on the mastering whilst its being cut. personal preference really

anyone else had a chance to listen to em?
am releasing are you ok in january through mp3s ie itunes, beatport etc

ive had a few vinyl done there but the mastering doesnt even come close to the skills of the technician at transitions. also i get to be there and have a musical input on the mastering whilst its being cut. personal preference really

You could get transition to master it then get dubstudio to cut a vinyl. I'd be pissed if I got a dub cut and could only play it 60 to 70 times.

You could get transition to master it then get dubstudio to cut a vinyl. I'd be pissed if I got a dub cut and could only play it 60 to 70 times.

yea its true but tbh it also has a lot to do with impatience lol, transitions is only down the road from me and i get on quite well with the technicians there. and i dont have to wait for delivery lol i might try using dubstudio again maybe for my next one.
cheers for the comms peeps

so they master 2 tunes for £60? and give you the mastered wav (as well as cutting the plate) when they're done?

so they master 2 tunes for £60? and give you the mastered wav (as well as cutting the plate) when they're done?

Na its mastered onto the dubplate, im sure if i asked they would have saved as a wav file but i was more concerned about taking the dub home and mixin it lol.

That is stupid money, I had no idea it was costing a £1 a play when u cut your own dubs...

CDs ftw, I wouldnt even consider spending that kinda cash on 2 tunes

Yea but i cant afford a cdj yet, as soon as ive got the money i will be investing so until then i will be getting dubs cut. but tbh there is something special about having your own tunes on dub, maybe its just me but its a propa nice feelin when u do that first mix with your own vinyl.

Yea but i cant afford a cdj yet, as soon as ive got the money i will be investing so until then i will be getting dubs cut. but tbh there is something special about having your own tunes on dub, maybe its just me but its a propa nice feelin when u do that first mix with your own vinyl.

I get you completely, but on the flip, if you hold tht emotion value for it keep it, frame it, id never touch the thing...which to me sounds more like £60 well spent to say 'this is mine i did that'...

Plus by the time you have bought 4 of these you could have bought Serato and saved yourself £££ if not ££££ in tunes bought and dubs cut.

Yeah is nice to have something like that but at £1 a play, that just seems illogical to me.

Na its mastered onto the dubplate, im sure if i asked they would have saved as a wav file but i was more concerned about taking the dub home and mixin it lol.

cool, i'm just thinking that it's a relativly cheap price to get 2 tunes mastered at a place that (somewhat) specificly geared to getting the best sound for dnb tunes.

cheers for the info tho.

yea the mastering technician is a quality dubstep producer/dj with many years experience so it is definately aimed towards the drums scene.

Back
Top Bottom