25 vs 49 Key Midi Keyboard

glmtc

Ive just started getting into production, got some krk rokit 8's and using logic 8, i now need a midi keyboard.

i wanted to know what you think would be better, or what are the pro's and con's of 25 key and 49 key keyboards. im looking at getting either m-audio axiom 25 key or the 49.

what do you use and what would you recommend?

thanks!

I've got the 49 key Axiom, its a good bit of kit to be fair. Its got a few more assignable buttons than the 25, and obviously the faders, but apart from that theyre the same, so its just a case of how many keys you need.

I have the axiom 25, I really like it's small size. Makes it fit well in an otherwise crowded workstation. It contains the same functions as the other larger keyboards, just you will find yourself switching octaves more often. So it's really just about personal preference and the amount of space you have, IMHO

Even though I'm no expert at playing the Piano forte, I could never do with anything less than 5 octaves.

Like those two guys ^ already said, it's about what you feel you need and how much space you have...

lol i jus press caps lock and play the notes thru the apple keyboard. then i click and drag the notes to where i want if i wanna change a bit.
but i also have an ozone thingy but only use it for a mic input

thanks for the feedback. i've only really just started trying to make tunes, so it will be my first keyboard and not sure what i need at this stage but i think i will probably go the 49 key as there isn't a great deal difference in the price. thanks

Back
Top Bottom